Obama to Republicans: 'So sue me'

us

104 replies to this topic

#91 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,384 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:38

Republicans were refusing to deal with him from day 1 in office.

#92 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

Neowinian Senior

• 2,535 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:28

Yeah, I mean it's not like the GOP has tried to repeal Obamacare fifty times, repeatedly sabotaged bills by adding anti-abortion, anti-union and pro-gun clauses and engaged in widespread voter suppression.  :rolleyes:

Oh come on...you're not even trying now...let's not forget the other side does it too...adding pork to bills and supporting their agenda...it's not like the Democrats are holier than thou

Yeah, it is actually. Millions more are covered, premiums have fallen, bad policies have been terminated and money will be saved. Don't get me wrong, it's a terrible law but it's better than what existed before and a single-payer system was never going to pass. It would be a lot better if states hadn't gone out of their way to sabotage its implementation but that's what you get when you vote for extreme right politicians.

Millions huh...can the site stay up long enough to even reach that number? Premiums haven't fallen in fact they continue to go up except at a rate of 6 to 22%! Infact MOST Employers are raising deductibles to cut their costs. So yea it might help some here or there who didn't have it at all but it screws the other millions of people who are in the workforce and losing upwards of 50-200 more on their check while getting inferior coverage year after year.

P1-BQ474A_PREMI_G_20140618223802.jpg

Firstly, I'm all for universal healthcare and I think the current system is just as ######ed up as the previous system.

Premiums have fallen? My company which offered amazing healthcare benefits for years now ($250 deductible, $750 OOP maximum) for pretty dirt cheap (cost about $125 a month to cover my wife and me) had to get rid of it because the premium cost raised by another 30%. So now we pay the same but the deductible is $500 and the OOP is $1500. Still good just not as good.

Even if I go private and browse stuff on my states marketplace (which was another giant waste of taxpayer money, they spent $248 million making it and the website never worked...so now they scrapped it and merged with the federal exchange), the premiums are more expensive than they used to be.

Bad policies have not being terminated, you can still sign up for them. Money will be saved? No it hasn't and it won't, as long as we have insurance dictating our healthcare money will never ever be saved.

The only good thing that Obamacare did was get rid of the utterly absurd pre-existing condition ######. Now I will agree that Obamacare could have been better if both parties worked together instead of constantly fighting and bringing us the junk we have now.

Razor... this is what people were saying was going to happen when they shoved it through congress and no one read the damn bill... "We'll fix it once it's passed"  - no get it right the first time! Truth is Republicans never had a seat at the table in the matter and i can't say i don't blame them for being stubborn about working with the president... Hell he goes on tv, demonizes them, cuts them down, etc then wants their cooperation when something as important as this comes up. I'd go tell him to f himself too! I cant remember a time in this country where our law makers and president have been so partisan and unwilling to do what's best for the American people...ya know... the ones who kind of vote you in every few years. Truth is - its a junk bill, has , was , and will continue to be. It'll collapse under it's own weight when it cant bring in the numbers to keep it afloat except we will have wasted what we spent on 10 years of war in 2 countries.

Please cite sources for these claims. The government cant even state how many people have signed up. Millions of formerly insured have lost their coverage however. Asserting that their former plans were inadequate is a canard.

When did he go out of his way? How often? On what issues?

THANK YOU!

As of right now only 8,019,763 of the 48 million that are uninsured have signed up. That's only 16%.

Add another 5 Million who lost their insurance

The numbers don't look too good.

Obama in terms 1 or 2 has never to my knowledge sat down with republicans and agreed to anything...he's too busy badmouthing em to get anything done.

#93 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,045 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:18

Oh come on...you're not even trying now...let's not forget the other side does it too...adding pork to bills and supporting their agenda...it's not like the Democrats are holier than thou

False equivalence. Nobody disputes that Democrats engage in petty politicking but to suggest that it is equivalent to that of the GOP is disingenuous and insulting. Adding pork barrel spending projects to bills is completely different to engaging in widespread voter suppression or trying to futilely repeal a law that would improve healthcare for millions of people and reduce healthcare spending.

Millions huh...can the site stay up long enough to even reach that number?

You're being ridiculous, as later in that very post you state that 8m people who were uninsured now have coverage. Over time that will increase even further, as people become more aware of the system. By any metric that is a huge success.

Premiums haven't fallen in fact they continue to go up except at a rate of 6 to 22%! Infact MOST Employers are raising deductibles to cut their costs. So yea it might help some here or there who didn't have it at all but it screws the other millions of people who are in the workforce and losing upwards of 50-200 more on their check while getting inferior coverage year after year.

The cost of healthcare isn't limited to individual premiums, as Obamacare saves money in numerous areas. Most people do save money with the appropriate subsidies (most of the scare stories have been people refusing to sign up for the subsidies they're entitled to or from states where the GOP has sought to cripple Obamacare) but it's also the money saved by reducing the number of uninsured people turning up at emergency rooms and reducing the rate at which healthcare costs are increasing (thereby saving money that would have otherwise been spent).

The GOP has made no attempt to improve the healthcare system, while working to undermine any attempt by Obama and the Democrats to do so. Heck, the system itself is actually a conservative idea and is incredibly pro-business (it gives healthcare companies millions of new customers), making it all the more ridiculous that it has become the subject of such vicious attack. From a liberal perspective Obamacare is a disaster but it's better than what came before.

Obama in terms 1 or 2 has never to my knowledge sat down with republicans and agreed to anything...he's too busy badmouthing em to get anything done.

Yeah, that's totally accurate.  :rolleyes:

#94 Krome

Krome

Neowinian God!

• 4,071 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 18:51

It's the Repub that is trying to badmouthing the President.  You hated very much that a black President is going to be very famous and then your Repub party went on the badmouthing frenzy.

#95 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 16,921 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 20:41

No one cares what color he is. That's a canard. What matters is that his policies are a disaster. He also has alienated Dems on Capitol Hill because he won't consult with them. He's been on the wrong side of so many issues as regards public opinion even Democrats are counting the days until he's gone.

Again, read Bob Woodward's book.

That opinion is shared by Reps, Independents and a growing part of the Dems. That's why most of the Dems up for reelection don't want him campaigning for them in their districts. Fundraising parties yes, but they don't want him on stage with them.

His welcome in DC has run out, among both sides and the middle.

#96 NinjaGinger

NinjaGinger

Neowinian

• 503 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 21:04

Looking in from out, it seems Obama has done nothing as the Republicans stop him doing anything. They seem to be Obamas main problem.

#97 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,097 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 21:33

All of the US politicians are jack wagons that have no regard for the people that elected them to lead. Sadly, the US people are too stupid to just stop voting them in. Between them having their faces plastered to reality TV, sports broadcasts, twitter, and facebook, they all seem to think the problem lies with 'the other guy', and votes their same idiot in time and time again.

Or, in the case of Presidential voting, they close their eyes and go 'for the lesser of two evils, i.e., the one that has the more honest smile and is less vilified in the news media. That has worked out so well in the last half century.

#98 Krome

Krome

Neowinian God!

• 4,071 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 21:38

DocM, I don't know what world you are living in.  "No one cares what color he is."   Really?

And what about the Donald Trump birther BS.  And almost half of the country are getting along with Donald Trump birther crap.  Even you were on board with the birther crap.  And you dare to say "No one cares what color he is"?  Really?

#99 shastasheen

shastasheen

Neowinian

• 36 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 21:42

DocM, I don't know what world you are living in.  "No one cares what color he is."   Really?

Krome, there's nothing in that video hinting at race or color. Care to retract your defamatory statement?

Looking in from out, it seems Obama has done nothing as the Republicans stop him doing anything. They seem to be Obamas main problem.

Revisionist history again. The democrats controlled the house and senate for 2 years (2009 and 2010) in his first term. He had carte blanche to pass whatever he wanted.

#100 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,155 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 04 July 2014 - 21:56

Krome, there's nothing in that video hinting at race or color. Care to retract your defamatory statement?

Revisionist history again. The democrats controlled the house and senate for 2 years (2009 and 2010) in his first term. He had carte blanche to pass whatever he wanted.

You forget that Democrats and non american leftists don't live in reality, that Obama had a majority and could get whatever he wanted passed without having to deal with Republicans is not important to them, this is all about excusing Obama for his failures by doing the typical Leftist thing which is pass the buck and make ridiculous claims like blaming race. It got so bad the he's had a DIVIDED Supreme court in quite a few cases rule 9-0 against him, yet somehow in fantasyland it's still those evil, racist Republicans that are the problem

#101 +Stuart Middlemiss

Stuart Middlemiss

To think now, is to not think you are here thinking it now. mill

• 225 posts
  • Phone: +64278762835

Posted 04 July 2014 - 21:58

He needs to wake up and stop creating havok around the world. Putting embargo's and sanctions on countries to bring them to their knees, so they can then sell a bunch of arms to an organization that gets fed up with that way of life in that particular country is downright despicable. Of course the U.S basically created the U.N so it's no surprise that they would not bother to seek a resolution that was not in their own interest (or pecuniary gain). BTW if you're at the mercy of their pathetic surveillance attempts and you are hearing voices that you did not hear before then wiggling your ears to change the shape of the ear canal will certainly prove that it's from an external source as it's leveraging now common technology... But if you've ever wondered where that annual $52 billion security budget is going, then it's a sure bet that it's being used to improve the accuracy of the delivery systems such as satellites, radar installations, cellular towers. It takes less than a second to recalculate the area within the ear canal to exploit what is known as the "Microwave hearing effect". Shame on these 'shadow' individuals that are doing these things to the world and the people that live in it!

#102 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,022 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:55

Yeah, it is actually. Millions more are covered, premiums have fallen, bad policies have been terminated and money will be saved. Don't get me wrong, it's a terrible law but it's better than what existed before and a single-payer system was never going to pass. It would be a lot better if states hadn't gone out of their way to sabotage its implementation but that's what you get when you vote for extreme right politicians.

You don't actually believe that, do you?  I'd love to see some actual numbers of those "successes".  Maybe the premiums have gone down for a select few that use that system, but it's at the expense of everybody else.  My premiums went up 9% last year on top of the medicare tax going up.  That's thousands of dollars per year picked from my pocket.  The numerous discussions we've had on this top around here also prove that a TON of people have been hurt the same way.

Why exactly do you think that the middle class is shrinking like crazy and the lower class is rapidly expanding?  I'm not going to present some propaganda theory about how the govt is trying to grow their voter base whom they hand-feed, but you can't possibly say that this country is getting better. It's not.  We can't give everybody everything they want, and it's ridiculous how the middle class gets continuously screwed over at the expense of giving something else to the lower class.  The population is becoming lazier and stupider because hard work and education are becoming more meaningless.  Care to guess what's causing that?

#103 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,862 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:12

You don't actually believe that, do you?  I'd love to see some actual numbers of those "successes".  Maybe the premiums have gone down for a select few that use that system, but it's at the expense of everybody else.  My premiums went up 9% last year on top of the medicare tax going up.  That's thousands of dollars per year picked from my pocket.  The numerous discussions we've had on this top around here also prove that a TON of people have been hurt the same way.

Why exactly do you think that the middle class is shrinking like crazy and the lower class is rapidly expanding?  I'm not going to present some propaganda theory about how the govt is trying to grow their voter base whom they hand-feed, but you can't possibly say that this country is getting better. It's not.  We can't give everybody everything they want, and it's ridiculous how the middle class gets continuously screwed over at the expense of giving something else to the lower class.  The population is becoming lazier and stupider because hard work and education are becoming more meaningless.  Care to guess what's causing that?

Part of it is most certainly medical bankruptcy. That said, I pay 33 dollars a month for my health insurance, the initial price is 200 dollars. Before you say I am costing you money bear in mind I will be graduating soon and my income will go up and ill loose that benefit. If I were to get hurt now, the insurance would cover it. If I didn't have this insurance then I would pay full price and the hospital would end up eating most of the cost of the bill which is much more costly on the economy and you than this.

#104 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 8,942 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:22

Obama is the worst President in the History of the US. (Worst than BUSH). 

What do you mean by "fix immigration"? You mean give citizenship to illegal aliens? WHY!!!!!!

1.  Education is clearly lacking
2.  Are you even old enough to make that call, or did Mum and Dad say it?

#105 +Vykranth

Vykranth

Chantez, compagnons, dans la nuit la Liberté nous écoute

• 3,231 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:08

From http://www.huffingto..._n_5575824.html
Yay, the HuffPo, so sue me too!

WASHINGTON -- House Speaker John Boehner's (R-Ohio) lawsuit against President Barack Obama will focus on the administration's unilateral changes to the health care law's employer mandate, according to a draft resolution released on Thursday.

The resolution, which Boehner is likely to bring to the House floor this month, would authorize the House General Counsel to initiate litigation against Obama and "compel" the president to enforce the law. In a statement, the speaker said Obama had violated the Constitution last year by delaying the employer mandate under the Affordable Care Act.

"In 2013, the president changed the health care law without a vote of Congress, effectively creating his own law by literally waiving the employer mandate and the penalties for failing to comply with it," Boehner said.

The Obama administration announced last year that the government would not penalize businesses that failed to provide health insurance in 2014, thus delaying the law's so-called employer mandate until 2015. The White House also postponed the start date for some mid-sized businesses.

Administration officials said the decision to delay the provision was made after considering a flood of complaints from business owners, who asked for additional time to meet the health care law's requirements. The officials were unable to pinpoint when the decision was made, or whether it was ultimately decided by the White House or the Treasury Department.

A Treasury spokesman previously said the delay was based on the department's "longstanding authority to grant transition relief when implementing new legislation," according to the trade publication Government Executive.

House Republicans voted to delay the employer mandate themselves following the administration's announcement last year, arguing that they did not believe the president had the authority to delay its implementation on his own.

So, the Republicans, who tried to repeal the ACA so many times I have lost count, are suing the president because the implementation of the ACA was not fast enough and while they were against the employer mandate themselves ??????

And, what about that?

From http://www.mcclatchy...low-income.html

WASHINGTON—With pressure mounting to extend next Monday's enrollment deadline for the Medicare prescription-drug benefit, the Bush administration took another small step in that direction Tuesday, waiving penalty fees for very low-income seniors and people with disabilities who sign up late.

Officials determined that collecting the fees from poor beneficiaries would cost more than the penalties themselves.

To be eligible, individual Medicare beneficiaries must have annual incomes below $14,700 and assets worth no more than $11,500. For couples, the income limit is $19,800 and the asset limit is $23,000.

The move follows a recent administration decision to allow the same impoverished beneficiaries to sign up for Medicare drug coverage until Dec. 31.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchy...l#storylink=cpy

I do not recall any lawsuits ....

May be the speaker of the House should request a right to be forgotten from Google to avoid being faced with his own hypocrisy ...

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!