Target asks its customers to kindly not shop while armed with guns

Sometimes Doc, you really do take the biscuit... :no:

If you weren't afraid of them, why do you feel the need to be armed?

Yeah. I think in his zeal, Doc missed the point on that one.

If Stockholm tells you he's not afraid, he's not being honest with you nor is he being honest with himself. He most definitely is afraid. He admitted as much when he spoke about his family. The thing is, you're not normal if you don't fear for the safety of your family and yourself. If you don't hope or pray that your children and spouse remain safe, especially when you're not around to protect them, you just ain't right. And, carrying a gun gives you some semblance of control, of having a chance. You believe that weapon will allow you to protect yourself, your family and/or others if it ever came down to it.

But, the need to protect ourselves is born out of fear. Fear of loss, fear of harm, fear of death. If we, as human beings, feared nothing, there'd be no need for the precautions that we take, carrying weapons among them. It's as simple as that.

• Like 1

Societies differ.  I'm not afraid for the safety of my family at all, not even when I'm not there.  I have no need to protect my family because there really is nothing to protect them from.  Sure, there's crime here, but it's rare for that crime to involve violence; rare enough that it's just not something you need to worry about.

Even in the cities, where crime is much higher, people have no need to go around armed to protect themselves...

I feel quite sad that so many American's have to go through their lives so afraid that they have to walk around like Rambo just to feel safe...

Everyone should feel insecure about the world around them, if you don't you're an idiot.

I don't have a fear of the world,

double talk... first you say you SHOULD be insecure and the next post you say you don't fear.... 

I, like BILLIONS of other people, are 100% secure with NOT having a gun. Perhaps it is you that have an over reliance on something that makes you fear nothing :)

You just admitted you feel insecure AND now that you have a gun, you fear nothing in the world. Sounds like a dangerous situation you are in physiological wise. That's typically how mass shooters feel when talking to shrinks.

Yeah. I think in his zeal, Doc missed the point on that one.

If Stockholm tells you he's not afraid, he's not being honest with you nor is he being honest with himself. He most definitely is afraid. He admitted as much when he spoke about his family. The thing is, you're not normal if you don't fear for the safety of your family and yourself. If you don't hope or pray that your children and spouse remain safe, especially when you're not around to protect them, you just ain't right. And, carrying a gun gives you some semblance of control, of having a chance. You believe that weapon will allow you to protect yourself, your family and/or others if it ever came down to it.

But, the need to protect ourselves is born out of fear. Fear of loss, fear of harm, fear of death. If we, as human beings, feared nothing, there'd be no need for the precautions that we take, carrying weapons among them. It's as simple as that.

What I meant is that I don't walk around in a state of fear all the time, but you are correct that it all stems from a fear of something that people take any precaution at all. I still maintain that I do not have a hero complex and I don't feel macho or something like that because I choose to carry a concealed weapon. Honestly, I don't even think about it most of the time, it's just something that I have on me along with my cell phone and wallet.

Societies differ.  I'm not afraid for the safety of my family at all, not even when I'm not there.  I have no need to protect my family because there really is nothing to protect them from.  Sure, there's crime here, but it's rare for that crime to involve violence; rare enough that it's just not something you need to worry about.

Even in the cities, where crime is much higher, people have no need to go around armed to protect themselves...

I feel quite sad that so many American's have to go through their lives so afraid that they have to walk around like Rambo just to feel safe...

It's the same in America, most people aren't afraid for their safety on a constant basis. It's just that you don't know what is going to happen to you at any time in the future and some of us would rather be prepared for that then not.

double talk... first you say you SHOULD be insecure and the next post you say you don't fear.... 

I, like BILLIONS of other people, are 100% secure with NOT having a gun. Perhaps it is you that have an over reliance on something that makes you fear nothing :)

You just admitted you feel insecure AND now that you have a gun, you fear nothing in the world. Sounds like a dangerous situation you are in physiological wise.

You made me laugh there, thank you for that. There is a difference between a natural fear of the unknown and walking around in a constant state of fear like Theon Greyjoy.

It's just that you don't know what is going to happen to you at any time in the future and some of us would rather be prepared for that then not.

out of ALL the things a person in life could prepare for, why is it people ONLY seem to come up with the excuse PREPARE TO USE A GUN TO KILL SOME ONE? (when in all likely hood, it will never happen)

did you prepare for if your gun jams? are you a black belt? what if your gun jams and there is 3 guys? did you prepare for a marathon?

• Like 2

It's the same in America, most people aren't afraid for their safety on a constant basis. It's just that you don't know what is going to happen to you at any time in the future and some of us would rather be prepared for that then not.

Carrying a gun doesn't make you prepared though, it just makes you a person carrying a gun.

• Like 2

If gays and everyone else from here to High Heaven can protest some violation of their rights in a brash, but still legal, manner then so can gun owners. What's good for the goose etc.

I can't believe you compared gay rights to gun rights, as if the two are even remotely comparable.

facepalm.jpg

• Like 6

out of ALL the things a person in life could prepare for, why is it people ONLY seem to come up with the excuse PREPARE TO USE A GUN TO KILL SOME ONE? (when in all likely hood, it will never happen)

did you prepare for if your gun jams? are you a black belt? what if your gun jams and there is 3 guys? did you prepare for a marathon?

I don't think most people are ever prepared to kill someone, but if the need arises it will happen. I am definitely prepared for my gun jamming, being a black belt isn't going to help anyone in a real world situation, the Army helped me prepare to fight off multiple attackers and I also carry a knife, marathons don't interest me, but I do run about 20 miles a week. I bet you think people who grow vegetables in their front yard are crazy too huh? They can get everything they need at the grocery store after all.

Carrying a gun doesn't make you prepared though, it just makes you a person carrying a gun.

You're more prepared than someone without one.

but if the need arises it will happen.

the Army helped me prepare to fight off multiple attackers and I also carry a knife,

but I do run about 20 miles a week

didn't we say hero earlier? So far we got you admitting you are insecure, then no fear because of the gun, now the hero story comes out.... you are EXACTLY the stereo type.... Merica!

• Like 3

didn't we say hero earlier? So far we got you admitting you are insecure, then no fear because of the gun, now the hero story comes out.... you are EXACTLY the stereo type.... Merica!

You should probably look up the difference between the words confident and heroic. Anyway, I'm done with you, you're arguments aren't logical and you're being an ######....Canada!

pb-120612-gun-protest-jm-0.photoblog900.

Ridiculous. I'm glad that's something I've never saw in person. I don't need to be constantly reminded that someone can shoot a place or person up when I'm going out for a jog, walk around the city or lunch. I'd feel like I'm in some 3rd world country where violence could break out at any moment.

• Like 4

Gun Free Zone only serves to protect the zone inhabitant against law abiding citizens.

Speed limits only limit law abiding drivers too... should we just lift all the speed limits and let anyone do what they feel?

Speed limits only limit law abiding drivers too... should we just lift all the speed limits and let anyone do what they feel?

at last somebody who understand, we should bans cars too as we bans the guns.

• Like 2

at last somebody who understand, we should bans cars too as we bans the guns.

No need to ban guns, but the should be just as heavily regulated as cars are.

Theoretical and practical exam before you can buy a gun

Insurance

All gun sales recorded

• Like 3

No, no, no, not at the shooting range, while shopping at Krogers for Oreo cookies or entering a restaurant ...

Just like these guys

attachicon.gifopen_Carry_target-600x400.jpg

At first i was ok at looking at people that wanted to be able to carry a weaon for safety, then i realized they where mostly idiots that wanted that because it gives them a little bit more guts to go forward in life.

Then i see those idiots with there huge weapon made for the army going into a restaurant or into a walmart etc, Then i notice i was right about not been on there side, if it was only 1 small gun that you needed to have in its case at all time except if your life is in danger then i would have been ok with it. But you are trying to tell me people will walk like that in a bank? and if you say well no they are not idiots, well i will answer to you the following : But you think they are smart to go into a supercenter with kids,babys, elderly peole etc. with huge firearms like that? Are you the idiot?

Then they need education. Their ignorance should not limit others.

semi auto doesn't make the gun any less dangerous than full auto. full auto is stupid anyway and is only used by guys like the guys in sons of guns and similar show. It's fun to fire a gun at full auto, but if you want to shoot people and kill them, semi is where it's at. 

An AR15 is made for one thing and one thing only anyway, hunting and killing humans. it's also not a self defence weapon, self defence is what you do in your own house to protect yourself and your family, a full length rifle is not what you want in such a situation. 

semi auto doesn't make the gun any less dangerous than full auto. full auto is stupid anyway and is only used by guys like the guys in sons of guns and similar show. It's fun to fire a gun at full auto, but if you want to shoot people and kill them, semi is where it's at. 

An AR15 is made for one thing and one thing only anyway, hunting and killing humans. it's also not a self defence weapon, self defence is what you do in your own house to protect yourself and your family, a full length rifle is not what you want in such a situation. 

Oddly, I have a few friends who own AR-15s. They've never killed any humans before.

It's weird, I know! They bought them because they're fun to shoot at the gun range and competitions.

Oddly, I have friends who own a few AR-15s. They've never killed any humans before.

and that changes what the gun is made for in what way ?