Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Obama Worst President Since WWII

124 posts in this topic

Posted

I am pretty sure Mitt is a "can do" guy with the useless congress, while ignoring 47% of the country.

Problem is of course the economical elite class are nearly the only ones allowed and able to get into politics.

This of course means that the senate will vote only for what's good for the rich elite class in some way or another. not what's good for the average american. 

Posted

And a democracy is three wolves and two sheep voting on what's for dinner. A C.L.R. has an effective separation of powers, giving the sheep a means of blocking or limiting the hegemony of the wolves.

ISTM Europe could use a bit of that vs. Brussels.

Heh, funny, Americans saying Europe should learn ANYTHING about politics from them... that's funny 

You have a country where only the wolves have anything to say, and they even managed to trick the sheep into thinking this is a good thing and that they want the same as the wolves, essentially making them think they are part of the deciding process...

Posted

At this point, I think I would like to see the USA go completely Republican.

President, Senate, the House,.... for 8 years

And then have a look what the USA has turned into.

Wonder what it would look like. I think at least a few more wars, only the rich have healthcare, and a lot more poor people.

Way more violence and hence, yeay, even more guns

It would be a great science project :)

Posted

At this point, I think I would like to see the USA go completely Republican.

President, Senate, the House,.... for 8 years

And then have a look what the USA has turned into.

Wonder what it would look like. I think at least a few more wars, only the rich have healthcare, and a lot more poor people.

Way more violence and hence, yeay, even more guns

It would be a great science project :)

It will go the way China it's but instead of communism, we have the freedom. But take a look at China, only the rich have access to full healthcare. The poor? Only access to basic healthcare and nothing more. If you have cancer, it is a death sentence. Not treatment or chemotherapy. The poor only have access to the worst Universities. The rich to the best. They don't have student loans. So basically in a few words, we will be living like in the movie Elysium... Where only the rich live and the people who are not rich die of starvation.

Posted

It will go the way China it's but instead of communism, we have the freedom. But take a look at China, only the rich have access to full healthcare. The poor? Only access to basic healthcare and nothing more. If you have cancer, it is a death sentence. Not treatment or chemotherapy. The poor only have access to the worst Universities. The rich to the best. They don't have student loans. So basically in a few words, we will be living like in the movie Elysium... Where only the rich live and the people who are not rich die of starvation.

The USA is almost there already...  People die because they can't afford healthcare, can't get work, can't afford college etc.  All that already happens, it's just waiting to scale up a bit more.

Posted

Worst congress since ever.  Not the president's fault - you can't say someone isn't doing a good job while at the same time preventing them from doing their job.

Doing what job?  The president's job according to the constitution under "Executive Branch" is to enforce the laws that are made by Congress.  According to the Constitution, the Congress has the SOLE ability to make laws and it's the responsibility of the executive branch to enforce them.  Not whine about them and replace his intentions over that of the elected officials in Congress.

- Source I'm a Libertarian who has a copy of the Constitution.

1 person likes this

Posted

Worst congress since ever.  Not the president's fault - you can't say someone isn't doing a good job while at the same time preventing them from doing their job.

Its congress's fault. Obama can do no wrong. its never his fault. inspite of being president , the buck doesnt stop with him. now if you'll excuse me  i'll be back in 2 minutes to explain how all this is Bush;s fault.

1 person likes this

Posted

Romney can't even stick to one position. How he can work with others, if he cant even work with a version of himself from last week?

You can call him out for his flipflops but he was not incompetent ideological idiot like Obama.

Romney was successful businessman,  Republican governor of the most blue-est state in America and for successfully organizing Utah Olympics when everyone gave up on it.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's all the further I needed to read of this topic!  You nailed it!

Get that dang Boner (Bohner) out of there and see if Obama can do something, would help immensely!

Posted

You need a three party system.  At the very least, it makes it WAY harder to deadlock.

We have numerous parties - unfortunately, they do not have the backing, funding, or clout of the two dominant parties.  Green, Libertarian, and Constitution to name just the major parties - there are a dozen more listed as minor parties.  However, I agree with your point - America needs more options when it comes to political parties.  I am conservative, but not a Republican - I have progressive ideas, but am not a Democrat.  My vote could be cast for a qualified Libertarian candidate - but it would honestly just be a wasted vote.

Posted

^ exactly. The 1992 election was the closest the US had to a 3 party election with Bush 1, Perot and Clinton. Perot and Bush split the non-Democrat vote and we ended up with a President who only had minority support.

Clinton: 43.0%

Bush: 37.5%

Perot:18.9%

= 56.4% voted "not Clinton"

That also has the potential to split the Electoral College vote sufficiently to take the election totally out of the voters hands and put it in the hands of Congress.

1 person likes this

Posted

Get that dang Boner (Bohner) out of there and see if Obama can do something, would help immensely!

I would argue that Harry Reid is the larger problem since the senate has been doing most of the shelving as of late, but ok.

Posted

I would argue that Harry Reid is the larger problem since the senate has been doing most of the shelving as of late....

And you would be 100% correct.

Reid protects Obama's agenda and what remains of his pathetic "legacy" by not allowing centrist Democrats to vote on House bills they WOULD support. Conference committed to resolve differences between House and Senate versions by compromise is another thing Reid avoids like the plague.

Reid is the largest part if the congressional logjam.

2 people like this

Posted

Posted

^ exactly. The 1992 election was the closest the US had to a 3 party election with Bush 1, Perot and Clinton. Perot and Bush split the non-Democrat vote and we ended up with a President who only had minority support.

Clinton: 43.0%

Bush: 37.5%

Perot:18.9%

= 56.4% voted "not Clinton"

That also has the potential to split the Electoral College vote sufficiently to take the election totally out of the voters hands and put it in the hands of Congress.

And ? more percentages voted not the other guys.

having a president with majority support is meaningless when you force everyone to vote for one of two in order to have a "majority".

a majority minority ruler is better. 

Of course as long as the rest of your political system is messed up it won't matter. Imagine a political system where you had several parties and they can work together. then. in your example Clinton and Perot could have a majority together.  We currently have a minority government, but because our system suck , they can't do what they want. 

Posted

You mean like Italy?

And putting Ross Perot and Bill Clinton in the same room wouldn't have been a good idea.

Posted

Some european governemtns may not be the best all the time.

But even then, I'm sorry an American pointing fingers at any european government is kinda funny. 

And if we're going to start comparing individual states. lets' compare to Detroit and see who's worst off...

Posted

Detroit's actually turning around; grown-ups in charge now, The blight is being cleared out, crime is down (link), and Michigan itself has gone from a $1.7 billion deficit under Dems to a $500 million surplus under Reps.

1 person likes this

Posted

Doing what job?  The president's job according to the constitution under "Executive Branch" is to enforce the laws that are made by Congress.  According to the Constitution, the Congress has the SOLE ability to make laws and it's the responsibility of the executive branch to enforce them.  Not whine about them and replace his intentions over that of the elected officials in Congress.

- Source I'm a Libertarian who has a copy of the Constitution.

Careful there, buddy, you're speaking to a lot of low-information, ill-informed people out there.  They don't care about the Constitution as long as they get their government aid.  They've never had to suffer for the freedoms they now have, just like their welfare checks, they didn't have to work for it, so they value it as much as someone who has to suffer Monday through Friday just to pay the bills.  Obama is their Savior - he provides for their needs, so they could never say anything bad about him, except those of us that cherish the Constitution and break a sweat for a living.

Posted

People who think Obama is the worst also think the world is flat and the sun revolves around us. 

Consider the sources of the poll.  Not very credible.

They're also the same people from the Westboro Baptist Church picketing the funerals of dead soldiers.

2 people like this

Posted

People who think Obama is the worst also think the world is flat and the sun revolves around us. 

Consider the sources of the poll.  Not very credible.

They're also the same people from the Westboro Baptist Church picketing the funerals of dead soldiers.

and you have sources?

Posted

Detroit's actually turning around; grown-ups in charge now, The blight is being cleared out, crime is down (link), and Michigan itself has gone from a $1.7 billion deficit under Dems to a $500 million surplus under Reps.

Let's not be fooled.. Detroit will always be a ****hole, doesn't matter what day or what year this is.

Posted

That's less to do with the politicians and more to do with actually having some honest, hard working people who actually care about the place, in charge.  They've done an amazing job in a short time, and long may they continue.

If only that was the case in all of the US. :(

Posted

The politicians, mainly Governor Snyder and his bipartisan team, are the ones responsible for putting the financial manager in charge.

That they picked a stubborn manager also helped, and then he hired a new Police Chief from the General Patton school of law enforcement. Oh, boy....

The best part is that the people finally got the message someone was actually trying and joined in - showing that part of City Council that wasn't already in prison the door and supporting the bankruptcy. Opponents could only muster 25+ protesters.

Now it has a shot.