Arrested for allegedly attempting to buy meth as birthday gift

PROVO, Utah, July 2 (UPI) -- Next time it might be wise to go with a gift certificate or a nice card. :huh:

A Utah woman was arrested by Provo police after she allegedly attempted to purchase methamphetamine from an off-duty police officer.

During the attempt, Heather Rodriguez allegedly pulled a glass pipe that was coated with meth residue from her brassiere.

When officers who were on the clock arrived, the 46-year-old allegedly told police that she was trying to buy meth for her sister for her birthday because she requested the illegal substance as a gift.

The suspect also said that she was holding the meth pipe for a friend and it didn't belong to her, the Daily Herald reported.

Rodriguez was booked on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia in a drug-free zone and attempted possession of meth for distribution.

source

the 46-year-old allegedly told police that she was trying to buy meth for her sister for her birthday because she requested the illegal substance as a gift.

My understanding of the law might not be at a professional level, but I'm pretty sure that even trying to buy an illegal substance for a friend is still a criminal act. How did she think that excuse was going to help her?

Whaaaaaattttttttttttttttttt. . .she just couldn't get a break on the pipe, it really did belong to a friend. . .oh wait. . .DNA...her bad. . . :cry:

How is admitting to trafficking better than just saying "I NEED METH!!!!!!" *scratchscratchscratch*