Toll roads in France

So I noticed the toll roads in France are very very expensive! Let alone fuel is expensive alone. However economic power house Germany the roads are not toll.

Some  roads from the north of france to south of france can cost 90 euros! wich is just the toll not including fuel for your car. In Germany for passenger cars no toll.

So basically my question is how can people afford toll roads even for just traveling like half the country etc. With fuel being so high etc. I dont know much about France but it seems like the Germany having no toll roads are getting a much better deal and that the expensive toll roads just hurt the economy and prevent people from travel.

Let me know all your thoughts and if you are from Europe or France or have been to France let me know your in put :)

Different governments different solutions.

I believe Germany mainly uses taxes  pay for their roads, while the rest of Europe often use toll roads to finance new roads.

People who travel them a lot get cheaper monthly and yearly subscriptions. People who need to travel between home and work often get subsidized as well.

Still 90 euro sounds a lot.

90 Euros sounds a lot but it depends if your making the journey once or twice a year then its not a big deal and you just take the rough with the smooth. Same as airports the prices for things at Airports is redicilous. Its a captive audience they know your not doing it often and wont mind its not like you will be a returning customer. Supply and demand I guess. Yeah but its just governments...Meh! I dont know if you pay Road Tax in France but we do in the UK, Similar deal. That can be expensive and thats for everyone not just people travelling on certain roads. I guess your paying for convenience, Shaves hours of a journey. 

I dont know if you pay Road Tax in France but we do in the UK,

Actually, Road Tax in the UK was abolished in 1937 :laugh: We now have Vehicle Excise Duty which is a tax on cars that goes into general revenue and isn't used to fund roads. Road works are funded out of council budgets or the Highways Agency budget.

Actually, Road Tax in the UK was abolished in 1937 :laugh: We now have Vehicle Excise Duty which is a tax on cars that goes into general revenue and isn't used to fund roads. Road works are funded out of council budgets or the Highways Agency budget.

Theres always a sting somewhere hahaha...Hence Tax  :laugh:  Bloody UK government trying to hide it to make it sound better  :shiftyninja:  :angry:

Well for me was better being a visitor in Germany. Autobahns and roads in general much cleaner and smooth and did not have to pay a dime to drive on them vs France. No toll roads in Germany was so nice but still better quality roads.

Well for me was better being a visitor in Germany. Autobahns and roads in general much cleaner and smooth and did not have to pay a dime to drive on them vs France. No toll roads in Germany was so nice but still better quality roads.

We are going to change that. Germany is a transit country and people from other countrys don't pay for our streets. German people pay very high taxes for that and this is not enough.

We are going to change that. Germany is a transit country and people from other countrys don't pay for our streets. German people pay very high taxes for that and this is not enough.

Interestingly though. On modern toll roads with automatic license plate reading cameras, foreigners don't pay tolls.