which email do client you use?

what chrome plug in are you using for notification? 

Google Mail Checker:

taPsqOB.png

Gmail for home and Thunderbird at work.  I do find Thunderbird to be quite sluggish though.

Windows Live Mail; outlook to me isn't as easy to get around.

All mail apps to be honest seem like they could do with a major revamp. I'd love it if windows live mail had the new modern ui flattened look.

Another must have is HTML signatures, I'm not sure why a lot of the mail apps don't allow this? another reason I use wlm

Outlook 2010 @ Wk.
Outlook 2010 @ Home in Win7
Thunderbird in Linux VM @ home

web-based email (outlook.com, gmail) to use when I need to enter my email address @ a site so I don't get any SPAM in my main email accounts.

Thunderbird for the win. I use it with pop3. So I have a local backup of all my email.

You get a local backup with imap as well, only synced. At least with WLM and outlook. Stopped sing thunderbird years ago when the first version of WM/WLM was released.

• 3 weeks later...

Outlook (2013 x64) on Windows 8.1 for all mail EXCEPT Yahoo Mail (which I still have to use the browser for, because they still charge for non-web-based/Zimbra-based mail in the US), and Apple Mail on the OS X side of things.  Other than Yahoo, there is no reason NOT to use Outlook 2013 if you have it - even for IMAP4 (which 2013 supports), because it is as plug-and-go as POP3 (which got that way with 2010), and there is even less reason if you have either Outlook.com or Hotmail - both are directly supported as of 2013 as well.  The ease of IMAP4 is such that my broadband ISP (Comcast) switched to it from POP3 and I didn't even have to change any settings whatsoever.  (In fact, Outlook detected the change before Comcast sent me the notification and autoreconfigured itself without prompting.)

That is something that no other e-mail program (other than Apple Mail) can do.