Ad Muncher is now free!

Question

6 answers to this question

Ad Muncher is not free, yet. Murray claims it will be free by the end of July.

Keep in mind that this is the same man who has been stringing along Ad Muncher users, for years, regarding a new Version 5.

I hope he has decided to move to the free distribution model, but I will have to see it to believe that's the route he will take.

He makes a really fine product that works great most of the time (not so great with HTTPS sites or with newer versions of Internet Explorer).

" I will never, ever accept payments from an advertising company to allow their ads through our list, or install any third-party software on your system. "

" We're six years into the development and as committed as ever to bringing this to market. "

lel

He has also stated that the only difference between the paid version and the free version will be that you no longer will need to register or enter a code. The free version will (according to Murray) used Premium Filters and will not contain ads, or other software (like toolbars etc). He says he will not even ask for donations to keep development going. Interesting change of distribution. Time will tell, I guess.

At some point in the future, I may need to offer complimentary software products to Ad Muncher users (for example, a recommended spyware blocker or antivirus). These will be done respectfully, and will only be products that compliment Ad Muncher and which I genuinely use myself. "

^ This ^