Five inches of awesome - got a PS Vita

Thanks a lot for taking the time to make the list Larry! 

You can always depend on Larry to know what's up.

I certainly agree with Rayman. God it looks so sexy on that screen. Dazzling sometimes.

• Like 1

Child of Light on the Vita will be a must have too. 

Child of Light on the Vita will be a must have too. 

Looks good, but already have it on X1. For anyone who didn't get it yet, definitely Vita looks like a good choice with the touch controls. Actually, this is just so addictive - the combination of traditional controls and touchscreen is awesomely fun. Sony and Nintendo really nailed it with PS Vita/Wii U gamepad.

Uncharted is still my fav. game for the Vita. What a delight.

I started playing Killzone a while back. it's good. graphics are amazing.

I thought Resistance was a good game. No, it's not PS3 quality, but it was fun for a generic fps.

One of my fav games to-date is Hot Shots Golf. If youre into golf, it's incredibly addicting.

Finally, i have the 32GB card, and i can easily fill it up. I find myself having to delete stuff all the time. Granted, a lot of what i have on the card are PSP/PSOne classics, but those can go anytime.

Will be getting Uncharted next month, kinda tapped this month :D

Resistance Burning Skies was misunderstood, it was supposed to be a killer app but that was unrealistic expectations. As you say on its own it's a very good shooter, on par with Resistance 2 in terms of play and story, though naturally not visuals. Those are quite lame even by handheld standards. I like it overall.

And i envy your 32GB card...so much space! I'm one of those poor 8GB losers :s

Another vote for Tearaway.

The vita needs more of these games that utilise the Vita's features.

If you're a fan of RPGs. I also recommend Persona 4 Golden.

There is only so many times i can play indie game 6: the game.

Thanks, Tearaway is on the list for next month right alongside Golden Abyss and Unit 13. Persona 4 will have to wait, though it is so recommended by so many people may need to get it as well. Will read up on it.

And indeed, have had my fill of 80's style pixel indies, so no rush there, though some of them are very playable!

A lot of charm.

That is what is missing for the Vita, where is the Loco Roco or the Patapon? No one can touch Nintendo handhelds, Sony haven't faired bad in doing what can be done by a non-Nintendo handheld, but seriously, some more charming titles like Tearaway are needed pronto.

totally agree, a few more of these kinds of titles and the platform would really take off, i still thing theres hope for the platform, when Nintendo started releasing some solid titles for the 3DS it took off, a few of these and the Vita would really get going. 

totally agree, a few more of these kinds of titles and the platform would really take off, i still thing theres hope for the platform, when Nintendo started releasing some solid titles for the 3DS it took off, a few of these and the Vita would really get going. 

It should be fine, PS Vita still has a ways to go, less than three years on the market. Sony had good intentions when they kept PSP alive for so long, plus of course it made them tons of money, but sadly it did not help PS Vita much. I was never a handheld guy until a week ago, but always was aware of the handheld market, and PSP was impressive. Many of the games still look good nearly a decade later. I'm guessing this made many wonder why they should get the pricier PS Vita in the first place.

It should be fine, PS Vita still has a ways to go, less than three years on the market. Sony had good intentions when they kept PSP alive for so long, plus of course it made them tons of money, but sadly it did not help PS Vita much. I was never a handheld guy until a week ago, but always was aware of the handheld market, and PSP was impressive. Many of the games still look good nearly a decade later. I'm guessing this made many wonder why they should get the pricier PS Vita in the first place.

I agree, although i was disappointed by not much of a big push by Sony @ E3, something there would have made me feel like they are abandoning it to indie and Playstation 1 - 2 games. Still love the device and won't be getting rid of it any time soon

This has been something i've wanted for a while - a PS Vita! Those cute little analogs, the nice new slim design...but most importantly the exclusives, which Sony has shown no sign of porting to PS3/PS4. Wasn't sure i'd like PS Vita, but it's a wonderful device. The screen is a little on the small size for my older eyes, but still fine. Graphics look nice on it, and everything works great. Download speeds are somehow seemingly faster than PS4. Muramasa and Resistance downloaded and installed inside of five minutes each. They do however take up most of my tiny 8GB card. Couldn't afford a 32GB or 64GB card, those are ridiculously priced.

So far got Resistance Burning Skies because i love the franchise and really wanted to play this despite the lukewarm reviews/reception. Bought Killzone Mercenary physical, but haven't played it yet. Also downloaded Muramasa Rebirth and Doki Doki. Muramasa seems nice.

Controls are excellent, not as precise as a real Dualshock clearly but close enough. Overall impressed and glad finally made the decision to get one, i know many here have had PS Vita ages now.

BTW the Skype client for PS Vita is excllent - used it a lot over the weekend and it's super clear and stable, more so than my smartphone, tablet, and even desktop.

Anyone on the fence, now's the time!

<photograph snipped>

A 64GB Vita memory card on Amazon at the moment is ?85.

I bought mine from PlayAsia in early February for ?57 :)

I agree, although i was disappointed by not much of a big push by Sony @ E3, something there would have made me feel like they are abandoning it to indie and Playstation 1 - 2 games. Still love the device and won't be getting rid of it any time soon

They definitely could have spent more time on PS Vita, but PS4 was their choice for understandable reasons. As it would literally take me years to experience the current catalog, i'm not worried about future support, though of course it would be nice to have!

A 64GB Vita memory card on Amazon at the moment is ?85.

I bought mine from PlayAsia in early February for ?57 :)

Play-Asia currently want around $100 for a 64GB card :|

That's pretty insane considering what a regular SD card costs - i just can't afford that :cry:

They definitely could have spent more time on PS Vita, but PS4 was their choice for understandable reasons. As it would literally take me years to experience the current catalog, i'm not worried about future support, though of course it would be nice to have!

Play-Asia currently want around $100 for a 64GB card :|

That's pretty insane considering what a regular SD card costs - i just can't afford that :cry:

Yes, I pay $100/?57.

I consider the future - I'll be able to sell my Vita for a lot more money.

Yes, I pay $100/?57.

I consider the future - I'll be able to sell my Vita for a lot more money.

Guess that makes sense, but for me it's not a factor and simply can't justify the expense. Of course i'd prefer to have that extra storage if possible :wacko:

I bought one on sale a while ago and uploaded all of my PSOne Classic Final Fantasy titles on there.

Then I found out that I don't really care for/have time for mobile gaming.