Photo

Samsung to end plasma TV production this year

53 replies to this topic

#46 Jason Stillion

Jason Stillion

Neowinian

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:08

I have one (Samsung 43"), they come a long way in reducing heat and power consumption.

However, I have a partial burn in of the Cartoon Network Logo on mine... despite pixel shifting being on the entire time ><

Which is not covered by Samsung Warranty.

#47 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:13

You're kidding, right?   Wow, you certainly like to think you know what's right for everyone.  My opinion and experience may not match yours, but it certainly doesn't mean I am wrong, you ever hear of to each their own?  Probably not with your know-it-all attitude.  :no:

I'm talking about actual FACTS though. it's a bit different from talking about personal opinions about whether you like that movie or not. 

PQ, motion, real contrast, refresh rate. even backlight(seeing as the Plasma has no backlight, and the LED's use a crappy diffusor plate) are all objectively, provably better on a plasma than on a LCD/LED. incidentally, old style CFM backlit LCD's had better and more even back lights than modern LED's a well. 

You can say you like the thin bezel of a LED better, you can say you like their superbright eye burning picture and dynamic contrast(well you get dynamic picture ruining contrast on plasma to). But you can't claim the picture is better, and then get upset when someone points out that objectively you're wrong and your making claims a facts when they're wrong. 

I have one (Samsung 43"), they come a long way in reducing heat an power consumption.

However, I have a partial burn in of the Cartoon Network Logo on mine... despite pixel shifting being on the entire time ><

Which is not covered by Samsung Warranty.

Samsung, at least here in Europe, is supposed to cover ALL occurrences of burn in a a panel fault.

that being said. This is one of the reasons I don't like Samsung plasma, besides not being near the same PQ quality a Panasonic and LG on their plasma's, they have suffered ar more, far easier and far longer with burn in, even after burn in was a thing of the past on the competition, they still suffer with it. 

#48 OP compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:16

^ It looks like it is your birthday today, HawkMan. Happy B'Day. :)

(Unless you didn't enter your actual birthday in your profile, like me.  :rofl: - IN that case, nevermind.)

#49 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:20

I'd put my vt50 up against almost any LCD/led and pq will be superior or equal everytime. There is a reason the pioneer plasma was the most sought after tv when it was in production.

#50 Jason Stillion

Jason Stillion

Neowinian

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:20

I'm talking about actual FACTS though. it's a bit different from talking about personal opinions about whether you like that movie or not. 

PQ, motion, real contrast, refresh rate. even backlight(seeing as the Plasma has no backlight, and the LED's use a crappy diffusor plate) are all objectively, provably better on a plasma than on a LCD/LED. incidentally, old style CFM backlit LCD's had better and more even back lights than modern LED's a well. 

You can say you like the thin bezel of a LED better, you can say you like their superbright eye burning picture and dynamic contrast(well you get dynamic picture ruining contrast on plasma to). But you can't claim the picture is better, and then get upset when someone points out that objectively you're wrong and your making claims a facts when they're wrong. 

Samsung, at least here in Europe, is supposed to cover ALL occurrences of burn in a a panel fault.

that being said. This is one of the reasons I don't like Samsung plasma, besides not being near the same PQ quality a Panasonic and LG on their plasma's, they have suffered ar more, far easier and far longer with burn in, even after burn in was a thing of the past on the competition, they still suffer with it. 

Us warranty doesn't :(

I do regret not spending a little more at the time and going with the Panasonic. 

I do like the color / blacks on my Plasma. 

#51 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:36

<snipped>

Maybe you ought to reread my initial post, and not take what I said out of context . I clearly said that plasma was better.   You are the one that is wrong, now have the maturity and class to admit it for once.

quote - "I currently own a 50' Samsung plasma (my 2nd) and it's performance exceeds any other non-plasma TV I have ever viewed. - end quote"

I decided that in a future purchase that I would probably buy an LED back-lit LCD, which would makes sense since plasmas are being phased out as per the topic.  I never said anything about a thin bezel or the the eye burning picture and about liking any movie.  Once again you make up things to suit your argument about that which wasn't even mentioned.  How typical it is of you, time and again.

#52 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 27 July 2014 - 17:38

And my first reply specifically talked about how your statement that you can't see a difference at home while you can at the store is factually, not just incorrect but mostly reverse.

#53 Auditor

Auditor

Neowinian

Posted 27 July 2014 - 18:40

I still do not know anyone who owns a plasma tv.

I have a Samsung Plasma which I bought in 2009. It still works fine so far but If I have to buy a new TV, it will be either OLED or LED.

#54 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

Posted Yesterday, 02:06

And my first reply specifically talked about how your statement that you can't see a difference at home while you can at the store is factually, not just incorrect but mostly reverse.

Maybe that's the way it works for you, but NOT for me.  And your claim of factually is false, it is your opinion.  You are twisting my words around, as usual.  I never said I couldn't see the difference in the store, I prefer making my judgements as if I am watching in my home environment.  Here is a concept for you, to each their own.  You want to do it your way fine, but try and not impose your way on to others.  Give it a try.

Oh, and thanks for acknowledging that you were wrong, oh that's right you didn't, how typical of you.  :no: