Picture Organizing

Windows Live Photo Thingy?

I hate to say it, it suited my needs perfectly

It allows tagging

It used to be great. But sadly Microsoft did not update it in a while. I wish it would have a map feature. And the RT photo app replacing it really ***** big time. Microsoft will need to either start updating Live apps again or really work hard to make RT apps better.

It used to be great. But sadly Microsoft did not update it in a while. I wish it would have a map feature. And the RT photo app replacing it really ***** big time. Microsoft will need to either start updating Live apps again or really work hard to make RT apps better.

the photo app doesn't replace photo gallery. 

Windows has tagging. At least as far back as Vista. Not sure about XP!

Not anything remotely close to Mac though, which is what I meant by "adopted".  On Windows, without any third party software, you have to go to properties of the file, add tags manually, without an option to select tags you may already have used on other photos which would result in two or more groups of photo results.

On Mac, no third party software, exiting tags can be selected.  People already recognized on other photos are auto tagged on new photos.  It's extremely simple.

I believe with the right sidebar active you can tag directly in that.

Either way, a photo management program like photo gallery is a far better way to tag no matter how good the file explorer is.

Yup, with the details pane open, in any indexed folder you can edit tags right there on the side pane. And when you start writing it will list previous tags used.

It may be an overkill, but I remember ACDSee being a pictures / photos management app.

I'd consider it more of a viewer, even if it "can" organize.