Updated my website

Question

What do you guys think of my new website? I have interviews and my site was way pass do for a new look. Not all my work is on there but there is enough to show what I can do.

Www.imagraphicdesigner.com

Www.imagraphicdesigner.com/p.HTML -- old site

THe vine design is hideous (coming from somone who knows nothing of graphic design). 

Your new design is miles ahead of that old one. However, things you need to bring/implement on the new design is, show your portfolio and/or resume. 

As for hosting, i'm sure a couple of fellow neowinians could hook you up with decent hosting at a better price, but that's a different story, i've seen several guys around here end up sharing hosting accounts to cut bills and half... etc.

It's not hideous, it's not the best and agree it isn't flexible to update but it's better than what he has now.. the new site screams WORDPRESS TEMPLATE FROM THEMEFOREST!! It's very heavy and it's obvious the designer has just filled in the blanks on a readymade template. (which btw, every other throw away designer is doing) - he says he is going to interviews, anyone in the know would pull this apart.

The site has no personality and too much is going on - unnecessary effects and bloat, it's a personal portfolio that is supposed to represent your work and the old site does that great, it's simple and easy to use, his work is well displayed, he has his skills and ways to contact him.. what more do you need? 

With a little work on modernising the design his old site is on to a winner.

I actually like the new design, i just think it needs stripping down.

Don't like the stuttering when scrolling. That immediately turns me off, its like the website was made to be rendered in 20- fps.

I don't have time to code a new site. I'm going to have interviews and it needed to be update.

That...would not inspire me with confidence as a client. :laugh:

Another thing about the "about me" page, although depending on the purpose of the website it could be meaningless: your software and hardware knowledge is listed as a percentage. What is this in comparison to? When you say that you are 90% knowledgable in Photoshop, is that compared to everyone else that uses it? Is it compared to the creators of the program? Personally I would prefer to read points or see examples of various complex techniques rather than read an arbitrary statistic. But if the website is more to show your design work than be used as a CV-######-portfolio then perhaps that doesn't matter.

EDIT: Our word censor doesn't like the latin word, apparently due to it's modern day connotation. :laugh:

• Like 2

I'm with Nick on the use of percentages as a scale of your knowledge. As he stated, compared to what? Also, there are numerous grammatical errors throughout the site.

The overall design of the site is very good, it flows well and isn't overdone. (Y)

Whatever website maker you've used has made a right mess of your code.  I like the site though.

Good responsiveness.

I'm with Nick on the use of percentages as a scale of your knowledge. As he stated, compared to what? Also, there are numerous grammatical errors throughout the site.

The overall design of the site is very good, it flows well and isn't overdone. (Y)

I like the look of the percentage of the bar and interviews always ask me from 1 to 10 on my skills on software.