Microsoft prepping Lumia branded Android phone

snip

You said WP has been DOA and that they should just develop an Android variant and kill it. Microsoft did the opposite. As for them being in deep sh**, they aren't even cutting the amount of people they picked up with the Nokia deal, they're perfectly fine. It's called streamlining. http://www.proactiveinvestors.com/companies/news/55520/microsofts-massive-job-cutting-plans-push-up-stock-price-55520.html

Edited by Andrew G.

snip

You know Boz, sometimes it pays to just admit you were wrong about guessing something and move on.

Edited by Andrew G.
  • Like 2

Microsoft won't abandon Windows Phone, if it isn't loosing money, which I doubt it is.

snip

They're cuttings jobs where they have doubles. Ie they don't need two expensive engineers for the same job, as well as the Nokia x android devs, now that the devices will be turned into WP devices.

Edited by Andrew G.

snip

Gonna do some math for you. 

Microsoft had something around 102k employees before they bought Nokia, right?  Nokia had 25k in the divisions MSFT purchased, which brings MSFT's total to 127k. Now, since these are two tech companies, there's going to be a lot of overlap, to the tune of 18k people.  So subtract 18k from 127k. What do you get? 109k.  109k - 102k = 7k. There was still a net gain of 7,000 employees which means that Microsoft has 7,000 MORE employees than they did at the start of the year.

So why are there cuts from Surface and Xbox?  It's Microsoft admitting defeat, OR the Nokia employees that overlapped these jobs performed better than their equivalents in Microsoft so the Microsoft employees got canned.

Simple resource management logic or in Boz logic Microsoft is admitting defeat, throwing in the towel, selling all their assets and dissolving. 

Edited by Andrew G.

They should release a really nice phone with the following specs

High Res Screen./

Quad Core

2 or 3 GB of ram

Removable Battery

Micro SD Card slot

Physical buttons on the front of the phone

Maybe i'm old school, but that is what I look for in a phone.

snip

So Boz, please explain to me the following then.

1. When Google laid off 10% of their workforce after buying Motorola (just like MS laid off people after buying Nokia) it clearly meant they were failing right? Clearly according to your supremely crap logic it means Google should be a bankrupt company right now. Oh but wait...

2. Killing Nokia's lower end phones means they're dying? Lol what? Or you know, if you lived in reality, that it could mean that MS isn't willing to support Asha and Android and are going to use Nokia only for WP.

3. Xbox division layoffs? You mean the 200 people who are being laid off from the Xbox original TV shows division? You know the same division that most people thought was a stupid idea?

Yet again I have to say it: It's a good thing you aren't responsible for anything major.

Edited by Andrew G.