Windows XP is no longer supported by Java 8

Gads!

Haven't installed java  on anything since almost never!

Twice I did install it just to run the old Charter speed test they used to use. Uninstalled immediately after that.

The primary help desk tool for ticketing and other IT related functions is Java based, I have to use it daily.

Major reason you'll never see me using Android.

lol, I think you have no idea what you are talking about. Java is used in so many backend operations is not even funny, console software, backend systems and banks esp are all on java.

Java ranks as one of our main call drivers. You wouldn't believe the things those users say, and what they say once it's remove from their machines.

Why would you remove it from their systems if they're using it? What are some examples of it being your main call driver? Why does removing it from their machine make a difference if you're as you say, not using it in your environment.

Why would you remove it from their systems if they're using it? What are some examples of it being your main call driver? Why does removing it from their machine make a difference if you're as you say, not using it in your environment.

It's installed by default, but not all users use it.

you obviously don't use Cisco Enterprise products or Oracle... that basically force java on you

Or EMC...

Enterprises and Minecraft are probably the main consumers of Java now. I have it installed as portable for Minecraft with browser integration disabled.

Enterprises and Minecraft are probably the main consumers of Java now. I have it installed as portable for Minecraft with browser integration disabled.

not quite: many bank applications or even taxes are java based; the problem is not the language itself, but the web plugin that is buggy and has more holes than a Swiss cheese.

Unfortunately I have to keep Java on my work machine for Cisco UCS Manager, Configuration Professional and ASDM to name a few...