24 posts in this topic

Posted

What should have been a fun way to kick off the Fourth of July weekend quickly turned tragic for a Custer man who choked to death while trying to speedily eat hot dogs during a competitive eating contest.

The crowd at Way Park in Custer, just across from the county courthouse, was stunned Thursday afternoon when one of six contestants

Posted

It is disgusting how these people eat the hot dogs. They look hungry animals.

Posted

those who live by the sword ... ;)

Posted

those who live by the sword ... ;)

Die by the sausage  :pinch:

3 people like this

Posted

Never understood these silly eating contests..  it's incredibly dangerous, stupid and winner is crowned for being able to eat lots of hot dogs.. woop de doo

1 person likes this

Posted

These contests are stupid. A lot could go wrong and you could end up dead. Always take your time when eating.

s9wF2jd.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

This story got me all choked up.

Posted

Never understood these silly eating contests..  it's incredibly dangerous, stupid and winner is crowned for being able to eat lots of hot dogs.. woop de doo

Completely agree and unfortunately, the guy got what he deserved for being such a dumb a**! Sorry for being such a hard a** myself, but I've watched a couple of these events and have seen people start to gag and throw up.

Anybody with even half a brain would know better than to do this. Maybe now, they will outlaw such retarded contests!

Posted

Completely agree and unfortunately, the guy got what he deserved for being such a dumb a**! Sorry for being such a hard a** myself, but I've watched a couple of these events and have seen people start to gag and throw up.

Anybody with even half a brain would know better than to do this. Maybe now, they will outlaw such retarded contests!

Come on now...he deserved to die???  While I agree that this is a really dumb contest...saying that he deserved to die is absurd.

Yes...let us outlaw everything that may kill us!  Or better yet...why don't you just not partake in events which may kill you.  Why outlaw it for others that enjoy (for whatever reason) these things.

Posted

Come on now...he deserved to die??? While I agree that this is a really dumb contest...saying that he deserved to die is absurd.

Yes...let us outlaw everything that may kill us! Or better yet...why don't you just not partake in events which may kill you. Why outlaw it for others that enjoy (for whatever reason) these things.

I agreed that is not appropriate to wish someone dead, it is also absurd to outlaw any contest that is absurd as well. Lets common sense be the judge... Common sense is something that has been in decay in this country. Look at the obesity problem... That's lost of common sense and poor education in how to eat properly. In a decade, this country will be screwed up completely.

Posted

Man versus Food, and the food did win.... :(

Posted

I was always taught not to gulp my food.

Posted

This story got me all choked up.

What a gag!

Posted

So...who won the contest?

Posted

They should introduce a new rule: if a contestant does not show they are chewing food for at least two seconds, they will be disqualified.

Posted

Natural selection strikes again.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can imagine what his headstone will read.

Posted

He chocked on a sausage  :s

Posted

He chocked on a sausage  :s

Eating contests are timed events - of COURSE they are dangerous!  (This is whether it is sausages or mini fruit pies - I entered one of the latter in both 1979 and 1980, with the latter being a title defense.)  A "choke event" is always a possibility.

Posted

I guess he didn't win then :o

Posted

I guess he didn't win then :o

What are you talking about? He won a Darwin Award.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can imagine what his headstone will read.

'He liked to swallow'

:shifty:

Posted

'He liked to swallow'

:shifty:

LMFAO

Posted

He got killed like the fish, by the mouth.