Teen Killed Trying To Get iPhone Back From Thief

depends. some people keep personal information on there phones. if somebody had phone with that kind of stuff on it stolen. it could ruin a persons life. 

vs jumping on a car, falling off, and dying?

I think you will find that you can recover from stolen information eventually (esp. if 15), but cannot recover from death.

It might not just be possessions.. they could have had work related stuff only on that phone, personal notes, ect.. 

Worth dying for?

What good is work related stuff and personal notes when you are dead?

A 7 year old doesn't need a smart phone. They need lessons in natural selection.

7? She was 15 if I read it correctly.

God,   parents also put too much pressure on kids with expensive possessions!   Without thinking that kids might take the warning to extreme.

Kids need to know how to value things, but value safety and health MORE.

Guarantee that if something like that happened... The next step will be making sea water drinkable.

Where I live, 75% of our drinking water already comes from a desailination plant in the gulf. :)

• Like 2

depends on how ruined you would be that you wish you was dead

Nothing is so bad that I wouldn't fight to fix it before I gave up. Especially my reputation. Hell this is a big, wide planet with lots of beautiful places to "start over". You ok bro? I'm not trying to be funny or facetious either.

vs jumping on a car, falling off, and dying?

I think you will find that you can recover from stolen information eventually (esp. if 15), but cannot recover from death.

Worth dying for?

What good is work related stuff and personal notes when you are dead?

Some people just don't give up that easily.