i need a good media-center software. kde's plasma-mediacenter just hangs and crashes and looks unfinished to me.
i know i tried out a mediacenter version of ubuntu years ago which looked good and i have seen many mediacenters running on raspberry pi where it looks MUCH better and advanced than windows mediacenter software.
i am asking this, because i have not used any linux mediacenter software for years. the reason was, because there was no way to get audio-output via hdmi on my tv, and i gave up on this and used windows media center for this with working audio output.
however today i tried again and audio output now works. so there is no reason anymore for even keep windows on my notebook for the occasional sound recordings if i find a decent mediacenter software.
it should have:
- the easy possibility to add free internet radio channels like in windows media center.
- http://www.ravetrax.com must be there as a channel or an easy way to add that one manually.
- i dont need any tv channel support because i can watch my tv channels on my tv
- built in youtube support would be awesome (this makes plasma-mediacenter to crash immediately)
- built in recording option like in windows media center if possible
- should run stable (if it crashes only once a week like windows media center i can live with that )