Photo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,148 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 18:35

On MSNBC of all places, and the reporter seems to agree. Not only on the border situation but on the VA issue and Obamacare's continuing troubles. The Rep implies these are Obama's Katrina moments. And he isn't the only one. Dems are bailing on him bigtime.

The expected Dem circular firing squad is taking shape.

#2 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,397 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 09 July 2014 - 20:26

I am not sure how this can be compared to Katrina. People are generally upset with the government irrespective of the politicians party.

I will never understand why people see this country along party lines. This is destroying the nation more than any individual politician. Maybe seeing it as a war of some sort makes it all easier for the lower end of the education scale to accept? I don't agree with this, but I also don't understand zealot like pushing of parties and partisan politics.

#3 OP DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,148 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 21:55

The term 'Katrina Moment' has become a synonym for a politician acting in a clueless manner that could have dire political consequences. Playing pool & drinking beer while 200 miles away the border is in chaos fits, perfectly.

You really need to study political history. The divisions of today pale in comparison to days past when duels were fought over DC politics, example being Vice President Aaron Burr killing Alexander Hamilton. The battle between the Earps (Republicans) and the Clantons (Democrats) is another that had political issues.

#4 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,019 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:31

What does the "Hispanic" part in your title have to do with anything?  Is it really relevant to mention the guy's race?

#5 Fergdog

Fergdog

Neowinian

• 55 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:16

Well it definitely mentions it due to him talking about the border problems. Not saying its necessary though.

#6 OP DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,148 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 15:50

Obama is playing to those who support an Open Border policy with Mexico, something his policies are trying to bring about without the consent of the people or their representatives.

The vast majority of Mexican immigrants who got here legally resent those who are bypassing the laws and coming illegally. The mass flow of illegals coming now say they feel Obama's recent statements have given them the green light to ignore the laws.

That a well known, powerful Hispanic Democrat from that region is finally calling him out on it is very significant.