Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Target

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Three days ago, Target enacted a new policy in which they asked customers to politely leave their guns at home or not bring them on the premises of any Target store. This was probably decided after a loaded gun was found in the toy aisle of one of their stores as reported here on The Inquisitr.

Unfortunately, their gun ban policy is proving to be problematic as numerous reports are coming in about Target

Posted

So the next article on this is to be lots of people dead after someone DOES bring a gun to Target, someone attempts to rob them and a firefight starts. 

2 people like this

Posted

So the next article on this is to be lots of people dead after someone DOES bring a gun to Target, someone attempts to rob them and a firefight starts. 

Has it happened in a target store when their policy allowed guns?  Nope...

1 person likes this

Posted

I think you are missing my point, the article is suggesting that people are now being robbed at gun point because of the bans (Whether this is a direct consequence is one thing but we won't get into that). So the next logical step is that people will start carrying concealed weapons, someone will still attempt to rob them but now they can now defend themselves. Chances are if this happens, at least one person is going to end up dead.

I understand the arguement of, if Target hadn't tried this then it wouldn't have happened etc but IMO Target are right to try and enforce policies like this when a gun is found in a TOY aisle. It's beyond reason that someone can carry something like that and be so god damn irresponsible. 

7 people like this

Posted

i might be the only one that thinks this. I would still rather have a couple occasional robberies then every redneck packing guns around me.

12 people like this

Posted

Sounds like these attacks are more politically motivated than anything. 

11 people like this

Posted

Sounds like these attacks are more politically motivated than anything. 

IF i was a pro gun advocate, I would do EXACTLY this as well (or pay someone) to further my agenda. Or simply pay people to claim they were attacked and robbed at gun point.

1 person likes this

Posted

People were already getting robbed at Target and in their parking lots before this.  This is just sensationalized because of Target's request.  Hell people with guns having gotten robbed before and had their guns stolen.

10 people like this

Posted

I think you are missing my point, the article is suggesting that people are now being robbed at gun point because of the bans (Whether this is a direct consequence is one thing but we won't get into that). So the next logical step is that people will start carrying concealed weapons, someone will still attempt to rob them but now they can now defend themselves. Chances are if this happens, at least one person is going to end up dead.

I understand the arguement of, if Target hadn't tried this then it wouldn't have happened etc but IMO Target are right to try and enforce policies like this when a gun is found in a TOY aisle. It's beyond reason that someone can carry something like that and be so god damn irresponsible. 

You think it was a law abiding citizen that would dump his gun in the toy isle? Take it from me a gun owner, guns are flippin expensive and that's just looking at it from the financial aspect let alone  leaving a gun around for a kid to get. Chances are really high that it was a criminal/thug/ "gangsta"/ dumb ass that did it not some regular joe that likes guns. 

2 people like this

Posted

Bring back the Wild West.

Posted

IF i was a pro gun advocate, I would do EXACTLY this as well (or pay someone) to further my agenda. Or simply pay people to claim they were attacked and robbed at gun point.

Well we all know you post stories to further your ridiculous cause. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Eazsy solution to this, and every other gun story/university massacre coming from the states.

BAN ALL GUNS. 

Obvious solution over, now go back to say how much you need guns in your lives.

4 people like this

Posted

What if you were an anti-gun advocate - would it not make sense to stage an event such as this or pay people to say they were attacked in order to cause a public outcry and get guns banned ?

Stage enough "attacks" and get them all over the media and there is a loud clamor of voices all over the USA and the world looking to get gun ownership curtailed etc,.....

2 people like this

Posted

Eazsy solution to this, and every other gun story/university massacre coming from the states.

BAN ALL GUNS. 

Obvious solution over, now go back to say how much you need guns in your lives.

It's not that easy though, taking exactly this article as an example of this. All the Law abiding citizens give up their guns, but the rest of the wonderful population of America won't and will use this power with the knowledge that others can't defend themselves. It would be near impossible to ensure no civilians have any form of firepower. 

You think it was a law abiding citizen that would dump his gun in the toy isle? Take it from me a gun owner, guns are flippin expensive and that's just looking at it from the financial aspect let alone  leaving a gun around for a kid to get. Chances are really high that it was a criminal/thug/ "gangsta"/ dumb ass that did it not some regular joe that likes guns. 

Quite possibly yes, but that doesn't mean Target shouldn't try to put an end to it somehow. Maybe this isn't the best way to do it, maybe there isn't a way to do it but I don't blame them for trying.

1 person likes this

Posted

Asking to leave your guns at home is not a gun ban....customers can still bring them if they choose

This article makes it sound like that those customers wouldn't have been robbed before this new policy, how do we even know they had a gun to bring in the first place. How many customers were robbed before the policy etc.

I work literally next door to one of those Targets in the article, there have been a few robberies over here in the past few months including my office, its not like these just started happening because of the policy

Sensationalized article...

3 people like this

Posted

It's not that easy though, taking exactly this article as an example of this. All the Law abiding citizens give up their guns, but the rest of the wonderful population of America won't and will use this power with the knowledge that others can't defend themselves. It would be near impossible to ensure no civilians have any form of firepower. 

I know it saddens me and the rest of the world that Americans are too stubborn to give up their guns. Personally im sick to death of seeing another mass shooting on the news EVERY NIGHT from someone who randomly goes on a killing spree. Today in the news it was some father that shot his 4 kids for example. The last few weeks the violence over there in the US has only gotten worse. 

I see your point thou, but I really wanna facepalm at the ignorance of people who do own a gun, specially those who use it for such acts as to rob someone or worse. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I still wear my firearm to Target. I visited a Target a few days ago. I just don't take my anti aircraft missile launcher slung over my shoulder. (I don't own any such thing) I am a licensed to carry gun owner and thats how I carry, concealed. Again, I'll subscribe to Sun Tzu's surprise element when needed.

2 people like this

Posted

Quite possibly yes, but that doesn't mean Target shouldn't try to put an end to it somehow. Maybe this isn't the best way to do it, maybe there isn't a way to do it but I don't blame them for trying.

And a stores policy would keep criminals from robbing someone, stashing their guns in the isle? A felon isn't even allowed to own a gun but they get their hands on guns anyway, their policy means nothing to criminals.

2 people like this

Posted

I support bullet control.

Posted

I support finger control.

Posted

What if you were an anti-gun advocate - would it not make sense to stage an event such as this or pay people to say they were attacked in order to cause a public outcry and get guns banned ?

nope

Posted

Actually, it is pretty easy.

Every robber when caught gets his hands cut off and is sent in a medical institution where he will be a subject of medical experiments that would help develop better medication for humanity's most common medical problems. Every murderer and rapist is killed on sight without wasting tax money on the scum. Illegal possession of firearms would be heavily punishable, by taking the offenders' driving license, removing the possibility for them to own hunting gear forever, adding monetary penalties and being required to donate X % of income to charities for X months / years.

All you have to do is to say WE HAD FREAKING ENOUGH OF THE FREAKING SCUM AND VIOLENCE that inhabit this country.

Posted

Actually, it is pretty easy.

Every robber when caught gets his hands cut off and is sent in a medical institution where he will be a subject of medical experiments that would help develop better medication for humanity's most common medical problems. Every murderer and rapist is killed on sight without wasting tax money on the scum. Illegal possession of firearms would be heavily punishable, by taking the offenders' driving license, removing the possibility for them to own hunting gear forever, adding monetary penalties and being required to donate X % of income to charities for X months / years.

All you have to do is to say WE HAD FREAKING ENOUGH OF THE FREAKING SCUM AND VIOLENCE that inhabit this country.

Lol. Disarm so we can have armed men chop off your hands lol Sounds like living in a oppressive regime than in a western country. 

Posted

Lol. Disarm so we can have armed men chop off your hands lol Sounds like living in a repressive regime than in a western country. 

I admit that I am not from a Western country but I wouldn't want to live in a Western country where I might be shot or raped because some scum decided that he wants to have fun today, thanks to the weapon that he just bought.

You think it is an extreme thing what I suggested? Sure, it may be, but the failures of nature will be cleared out faster, leaving only those worthy of living. Yes, I do not consider people that do intentional harm to others worthy of wasting oxygen.

Tell me, how many more people will starve, how many more children will go without proper education because we keep on fuelling our prisons more and more with things that have not done anything good in their lives, and we keep wasting our money on them while leaving out less for the ones that really need that support?

1 person likes this

Posted

I admit that I am not from a Western country but I wouldn't want to live in a Western country where I might be shot or raped because some scum decided that he wants to have fun today, thanks to the weapon that he just bought.

You think it is an extreme thing what I suggested? Sure, it may be, but the failures of nature will be cleared out faster, leaving only those worthy of living. Yes, I do not consider people that do intentional harm to others worthy of wasting oxygen.

Tell me, how many more people will starve, how many more children will go without proper education because we keep on fuelling our prisons more and more with things that have not done anything good in their lives, and we keep wasting our money on them while leaving out less for the ones that really need that support?

Tell me what magical place do you live where there is no crime. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0