6 posts in this topic

Posted

Are you ready for even more GM recall woe? This one

Posted

GM lost its reputation with me last year when I traded my truck for one. Nothing but problems. American cars suck.

Posted

I had a 1997 Chevy Cavalier for a few years back around 2006-2008 and although the engine and transmission seemed fine, I was constantly replacing everything around it at only 130,000 miles.  I had issues with the transmission pan gasket rotting out, the radiator leaking, the clutch going out, the under-carriage including the exhaust pipes rotted out, the brake pads/calipers were too small for the car so they wore out faster, and all sorts of other misc. problems.  I was glad when it got totaled.  My own experience coupled with the multiple millions of cars affected by recalls recently, as well as how many locals I've seen having problems with GM vehicles will make sure I never own one if I can help it.  All car manufacturers have recalls, it's normal to overlook something occasionally, or for issues to crop up when cars leave the showroom and start getting mass produced for public consumption, but the scale at which GM has been failing this year is just absolutely ridiculous.

Took this photo of the odometer earlier today in my Dodge pickup truck.  Got into a "meme war" on Facebook with a girl who is a friend of mine who LOVES all things Chevy, and she's been through 2 or 3 Chevy cars since I've known her, and I'm still on the same pickup I've had for a while now.  I've been pretty happy with my 1999 Dodge Dakota.  With regular maintenance and upkeep it's still going strong and getting work done every day with the factory engine/transmission.  I've had to replace a few parts here and there, but nothing terribly serious.  In the time I've had it I regularly use it to haul very heavy loads, for its engine size at least (3.9L V-6, heaviest was ~3,500 pounds), and haven't had the first problem.

[attachment=363197:dodge-mileage-11july2014.jpg]

Posted

Wouldn't expect anything else from Government Motors, seems that after the retarded bailout they replaced management with politicians, that's how bad it's being run now, Washington bad, how long before they start begging for another bailout, bets anyone? 

1 person likes this

Posted

GM lost its reputation with me last year when I traded my truck for one. Nothing but problems. American cars suck.

Hmm, I have a 1969 Mustang Fastback, 2004 Mustang Cobra and a 2012 Shelby GT500. All three have had zero problems and have gone to the track many times. I sold a 1985 Ford Ranger five years ago to a buddy of mines son and it had over 325,000 miles. That truck was driven in Germany, England, Hawaii, and all over the U.S. In conclusion, not all American cars suck. ;-)