The hardest acheivement you've ever... achieved

Not quite sure what mine is. I think some of the rarer or more difficult ones I have achieved were just chance. Share your painstaking, time wasting efforts to get that particular trophy or achievement.

0QOUJ6o.png

For me that was becoming a dive instructor.

I've always had a fear of public speaking, but now I manage at least to speak to small groups

Forget what I posted, didn't notice this was in gamers hangout :)

I only play casual games

• Like 2

Getting all 1000 achievement points on Bayonetta (the only game I've ever bothered to try and get everything.)

I must have tried 50 times to get some of the harder ones...

For me that was becoming a dive instructor.

I've always had a fear of public speaking, but now I manage at least to speak to small groups

This topic is about gaming achievements, right?

Getting all 1000 achievement points on Bayonetta (the only game I've ever bothered to try and get everything.)

I must have tried 50 times to get some of the harder ones...

This topic is about gaming achievements, right?

I noticed that to late :)

Did update my post

I should have added "gaming achievement" into the title. I only now realise it is misleading.  :blush:

I should have added "gaming achievement" into the title. I only now realise it is misleading.  :blush:

Not misleading, this is the gamers hangout...plus you put a huge image of trophies there. You did nothing wrong :)

The achievement i'm most proud of is the one you get for completing Dark Souls 2. Never expected to fully experience that game, and as i just decided to give up on the first Dark Souls after 20+ hours of trying, completing Dark Souls II is even more obviously a great accomplishment for my type of gamer :laugh:

? I received Zelda: Link's Awakening when I was in 2nd grade. I was too young to move through it quickly but I was finally able to discover the Windfish by 5th grade, without any assistance.

? D2 lvl 98 HC with many PK's. The character never died but he did expire. :/

? It's been awhile but I was very proud of my Ruby and Emerald Weapon kills in FF7.

? Figuring out how to fully update NFL2K5 rosters (including coaches) and never having to even consider buying Madden again.

? I won $400 in a Halo 2 LAN party tournament.

? Pretty pleased with my Minesweeper records.

• Like 1

Playing Demons forge for the Apple IIGs and finger you have to "Ring Chimes" in the well. That stumped my entire family for a while.

Well according to TrueAchievements my "best" achievements aren't anything that special.
I guess one thing i can remember is playing Resident Evil: Nemesis as a kid. The feeling after defeating Nemesis and piecing together that fancy pistol was probably the highlight of my childhood. So much hard work and dealing with awkward camera angles paid off for me!

Well according to TrueAchievements my "best" achievements aren't anything that special.

I guess one thing i can remember is playing Resident Evil: Nemesis as a kid. The feeling after defeating Nemesis and piecing together that fancy pistol was probably the highlight of my childhood. So much hard work and dealing with awkward camera angles paid off for me!

I tried to go back and play Nemesis a while ago and my goodness did it give me a headache.

I tried to play RE1 and I felt liek throwing the control out the window. I don't know how we managed back then.

I tried to go back and play Nemesis a while ago and my goodness did it give me a headache.

I tried to play RE1 and I felt liek throwing the control out the window. I don't know how we managed back then.

Haha we just didn't know any better back then.

Haha we just didn't know any better back then.

Thought you were talking about Nemesis/Gradius, which of course was the epitome of the hard/obnoxious coin grabbing game of the day, but then read further.

Completing:

Ikaruga on Gamecube

DOTA 2 proficiency

Dark Souls 1

All the MetalSlugs \m/

does portals count for humour based gaming achievwments? then portals 1 and 2 :D

• Like 1

Wonder Boy on SEGA Master System.

This was of course long before achievements and even saved game files.

My dad, older brother and I would play that forever. My dad told us that if we ever beat it he would buy us Wonder Boy 2 (Wonder Boy in Monster Land). So, one night we stayed up until about 4am, taking turns then finally, we beat it! (My brother was actually the victor of the last boss). We paused it right as his head was exploding and waited until my dad woke up. We showed him the final cut scene, expecting to be whisked away to the toy store for our hard earned prize. He conveniently 'forgot' that he ever made the deal and insisted no such deal ever existed. We never got Wonder Boy in Monster Land :(

• Like 1

He conveniently 'forgot' that he ever made the deal and insisted no such deal ever existed. We never got Wonder Boy in Monster Land :(

Haha... Aww.. I'm kind of depressed now..

• Like 1

Wonder Boy on SEGA Master System.

This was of course long before achievements and even saved game files.

My dad, older brother and I would play that forever. My dad told us that if we ever beat it he would buy us Wonder Boy 2 (Wonder Boy in Monster Land). So, one night we stayed up until about 4am, taking turns then finally, we beat it! (My brother was actually the victor of the last boss). We paused it right as his head was exploding and waited until my dad woke up. We showed him the final cut scene, expecting to be whisked away to the toy store for our hard earned prize. He conveniently 'forgot' that he ever made the deal and insisted no such deal ever existed. We never got Wonder Boy in Monster Land :(

That game is very memorable to me, thanks for bringing it up. Whatever happened to Wonder Boy anyway, always liked him more than Sonic!

• Like 1

Mine would be getting Fallout: New Vegas as my 1st (and currently only) perfect game by completing all the achievements on steam. :D

• Like 1

Haha... Aww.. I'm kind of depressed now..

Haha! No worries. He was (and still is) an awesome dad! We never wanted for much. But that one stands out just because it's so memorable!