The hardest acheivement you've ever... achieved

Mine would be getting Fallout: New Vegas as my 1st (and currently only) perfect game by completing all the achievements on steam. :D

Did you complete it in the hard mode?

disassembling my ps3 remote and somehow managed to put everything back together.

Remote? As in the blu-ray media remote:

5KD9bGB.jpg

Or did you pull your controller a part and them put it back together?

PqodOBG.jpg

Capturing all 150 Pokemon and completing the Pokedex on Pokemon Red, that took me months as a kid so was pretty proud to finally manage it. I also trained my squad up to level 100 (or was it 99) without doing the rare candy cheat.

Beating Ecco the Dolphin 1 and 2 on Mega Drive.       

Damn the final levels were HARD!!!  I was 14 when I played the  it, and it took FOREVER! 

This last level of Ecco 1 was a freaking nightmare at first. 

Everything wants to kill you, and it is impossible to know which way to move unless you played before.

If I'm allowed to generalize then any formal achievement that requires some kind of online play. If I even bother then it's pretty much an achievement alright.

There must have been actual achievements, too, but rather insignificant, I don't even remember.

Did you complete it in the hard mode?

I completed it in hard-core mode to get the only achievement that required it. :)

I completed it in hard-core mode to get the only achievement that required it. :)

Serious playthrough (all quests, normal difficulty) or speedrun? I've a mind to get that done yet, but since my regular playthrough took over 100 hours (and that's w/o DLCs), I'll definitely go for Very Easy and a scoundrel run. Can't really speedrun with those "Deathjaws"* on the main road.

(they're like Deathclaws - but bigger teeth! :shiftyninja: )

Serious playthrough (all quests, normal difficulty) or speedrun? I've a mind to get that done yet, but since my regular playthrough took over 100 hours (and that's w/o DLCs), I'll definitely go for Very Easy and a scoundrel run. Can't really speedrun with those "Deathjaws"* on the main road.

(they're like Deathclaws - but bigger teeth! :shiftyninja: )

1st run was 60h and got a few achievements, it was my 2nd run 300h where I put in a lot of effort to be liked by everyone that I decided to fully complete it. (all quests on normal or above (cant find my save to know))

I left hardcore mode achievement till later when I found that you can speed run it in 30mins and not shoot anyone using a specific woman skill/perk setup. :D

It wasn't the hardest, but it did seem to take forever, only because I stepped out of bounds pretty close to finish because my attention was diverted elsewhere...

KIFFLOM!! GTA 5, where you have to walk 20 miles in the desert, stepped out of bounds at 19.7 miles, had to start all over again lol

Where did you find the damn time :laugh:

I have too much free time :P

Once I got that last achievement I took a nice long 9 month break from it , FO4 will drag me back in though. :D

i got to 99,999 in pac-man on the atari 2600.   it flipped back to 0.   i think it was 99,999, might have been just 9,999.

but it took a few hours

The true meaning of 'clocking' a game.

Not quite sure what mine is. I think some of the rarer or more difficult ones I have achieved were just chance. Share your painstaking, time wasting efforts to get that particular trophy or achievement.

0QOUJ6o.png

One of the nastier ones in DC Universe Online - "Prime Numbers"  - win the eight-character Prime Battleground raid in 20 minutes or less.

Why it's nasty - it takes a combat rating of 70 just to qualify; atop that, the opposition is all three of Brainiac's Avatars (Meta, Technology, and Magic), their assorted minions, AND once you get past those, you then face Brainiac himself and HIS minions.

Anything multiplayer related in Crysis 2/3 or tomb raider. Not because of gameplay our mechanics, but due to lack of a community actually playing the game..

• 2 weeks later...

I take my previous post back... IFI get my 23rd song for the watch_dogs music achievement that'll be the greatest. Achievements that are random like this are the worst, no skill involved, simply hit "x" a billion times on civilians.