do you use daily ccleaner ? is there a better alternative?

Question

hi

do you use ccleaner to clean windows8 or 7 temp and log files ?

do you use daily ?

is there a better alternative?

i started to use it some years ago

never tried other software

thanks

Personally, I don't how good they are but what about those hybrid drives which have X amount of flash storage and the rest, usually up to 1TB, of traditional storage?

Obviously if you aren't in the market for a new drive, then you can ignore this, but if you were you could get the best of both worlds... Sort of.

My Main drive is a 1Tb Hybrid with 8GB of Solid state and its absolutely horrible. It makes certain things load fast but everything else crawls because they use a 5400RPM drive in them.

I use the heck out of ccleaner a few times a day on any one of the 7 Windows 7 machines I have and I use both parts of it all the time!

I've NEVER seen the registry cleaner part of it mess up anything either! I let it clean dump files and windows system log files also. Was glad as heck when they included the part to clean system log files!! :)

No,

There isn't a better alternative. I also don't leave the default check boxes the way they are in a default install of it either.

I DO realize that I use it WAY more than necessary, but like I said, it's NEVER messed up anything either.

Do you find doing all that makes any difference?

Reason i ask is my Windows 8 install must be going on 2 years old and i do absolutely nothing to it, yet i still feel my PC is as snappy as the day i installed Windows.

Windows Defender scans in the background, Windows handles any defragging automatically and i basically re-start once a month when Windows Update has run. The only thing i have really done is disable various applications from starting with Windows.

TBH i am not sure it helps with anything its just something I have always done. Keeps things running smoothly at least. It wont improve performance but it might at least keep it going smooth.

• Like 1

Nothing beats knowing your file system layout and cleaning things manually. That being said, Ccleaner is pretty good at getting rid of most of the fluff though, on Windows at least. My main disk is an SSD, so I Trim it only.

As far as frequency goes, perhaps once a month, but then again I don't use Windows every day.

I've noticed that recent versions of Ccleaner are limited unless you pay for them. Also even before they did that, BleachBit seems to do a better job, and freed up loads more space than Ccleaner had over months in one session.

I've noticed that recent versions of Ccleaner are limited unless you pay for them. Also even before they did that, BleachBit seems to do a better job, and freed up loads more space than Ccleaner had over months in one session.

the only limitation for buying it is the scheduling options always on scanning and auto updates.

post-120066-0-31450200-1405439063.png

I use Wise Disk Cleaner because it finds more junk than what CCleaner finds. However, CCleaner does allow you to delete a certain system restore point, which can free up a few gbs.