11 posts in this topic

Posted

Saw this eariler online posted by Veronica Belmont where her husband, Ryan Block, was trying to cancel their Comcast service as they move to their new place.   All I can say is wow, I'm so glad I'm not with Comcast.

https://soundcloud.com/ryan-block-10/comcastic-service

1 person likes this

Posted

I vote everyone retweet and share this, this sort of aggressiveness shouldn't be allowed

1 person likes this

Posted

Holy crap.... I wasn't on the call but man I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle that guy already! :angry:

Ryan was definitely cool but man I don't think I could do it! :argh:

Posted

Wow, I just cancelled my Comcast service last week because I moved somewhere it wasn't available and it was nothing like this. Took me a couple minutes of saying "I'm moving, Comcast isn't a provider in the new area, I need to disconnect today." and I that was basically it. This guy should be terminated immediately.

Posted

I called and threatened to leave last month cause the rates i were paying were too high... i basically have digital cable and 50mb internet for 100 bucks. The gentleman that helped me was very understanding and nice and wasn't as rude as this guy. This is harassment and why the guy didn't ask for his supervisor is beyond me.

Posted

Holy crap.... I wasn't on the call but man I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle that guy already! :angry:

Ryan was definitely cool but man I don't think I could do it! :argh:

I couldn't even finish listening to it. It was making me so angry that I had to just stop.

The Consumerist has transcribe some of the best parts:

R: We

1 person likes this

Posted

I would have hung up quickly, and tried for another CSR.

2 people like this

Posted

Add to this article that their staff are complete ****ing morons who give out customer information like candybars to anyone who says "im totally from the corporate office guise!"

http://www.phonelosers.org/podpress_trac/web/3887/0/2014-07-16_snow_plow_show_comcastic.mp3

Posted

I would have hung up quickly, and tried for another CSR.

I was scrolling to the bottom to say the exact same thing. But when you're seeking a bit of internet fame...... I am in no way condoning how the guy at Comcast acted, I just think it's suspect.

An eight-minute recording of a customer service agent refusing to end AOL Vice President Ryan Block

Posted

I called and threatened to leave last month cause the rates i were paying were too high... i basically have digital cable and 50mb internet for 100 bucks. The gentleman that helped me was very understanding and nice and wasn't as rude as this guy. This is harassment and why the guy didn't ask for his supervisor is beyond me.

Good point. See the above post or--> http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1221715-so-not-comcastic/?view=findpost&p=596496465  :)

Posted

Old news.

Saw this on another forum either way earlier this week or last week even!

Had an experience similar to this with Charter previously. After going totally belligerent with that CSR, I got what I wanted. Then proceeded to call back and ask for a manager, who I reported that person to. The manager said that person would be dismissed. Whether that happened or not, I do not know, but I sure felt better! :)

People like this have no business working in an area dealing with the public, rather they're reading from a script or not!