• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• 7,966 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:46

Does anyone have an experience with these? I keep reading about how sitting down for extended periods of time is going to kill us all, and that standing desks were all the rage a few months ago. Does anyone here use one of these regularly? How is it on your lower back, knees, ankles and feet?

I find it I stand for too long I get pins and needles in my thighs so I don't know if this is something I should invest in.

I'd be particularly interested to know what gamers think of them

#2 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 17,863 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:49

Never used one myself.  I get up and walk around periodically throughout the day.  Or take walks at lunch.

#3 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,155 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:14

Just the thought of a standing desk makes my back hurt, to me they're just another trendy thing for the young ones to claim they use, but in reality rarely used 

#4 OP compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• 7,966 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:22

1. My monitor is on a wall mount which I can tilt upwards; every so often I can maneuver the monitor so I can  stand at my desk for a short period. If it was at eye level I think I could stand there much longer.

#5 wv@gt

wv@gt

Neowinian Senior

• 4,025 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:28

I worked retail for a few years and my body grew used to standing all day, but the difference though is that I was constantly moving around. Standing desks are good, but the biggest issue I have is that you are standing still which isn't as good as standing and moving.  Now that I have an office job, I've gotten used to sitting again, but I definitely feel it more in my back.  

#6 +Vykranth

Vykranth

Chantez, compagnons, dans la nuit la Liberté nous écoute

• 3,231 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:31

I am going to go with what techbeck said: get up and walk a little bit every one or two hours if possible. Just a little trip to the water cooler.

Works great with the pomodoro

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!