Standing desks

Does anyone have an experience with these? I keep reading about how sitting down for extended periods of time is going to kill us all, and that standing desks were all the rage a few months ago. Does anyone here use one of these regularly? How is it on your lower back, knees, ankles and feet?

I find it I stand for too long I get pins and needles in my thighs so I don't know if this is something I should invest in.

I'd be particularly interested to know what gamers think of them

Just the thought of a standing desk makes my back hurt, to me they're just another trendy thing for the young ones to claim they use, but in reality rarely used 

1. My monitor is on a wall mount which I can tilt upwards; every so often I can maneuver the monitor so I can  stand at my desk for a short period. If it was at eye level I think I could stand there much longer.

I worked retail for a few years and my body grew used to standing all day, but the difference though is that I was constantly moving around. Standing desks are good, but the biggest issue I have is that you are standing still which isn't as good as standing and moving.  Now that I have an office job, I've gotten used to sitting again, but I definitely feel it more in my back.  

I am going to go with what techbeck said: get up and walk a little bit every one or two hours if possible. Just a little trip to the water cooler.

Works great with the pomodoro