Outcry over @ wpcentral over Destiny companion app

destiny bungie windows phone companion app

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xchaser

xchaser

Neowinian

Posted 15 July 2014 - 17:16

It seem many Gamer are upset at the fact that Bungie decided not to make a Companion app for windows phone check out the out rage over at the links comments. http://www.wpcentral...d-windows-phone

#2 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 15 July 2014 - 17:34

lol.. 

#3 +FiB3R

FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Lumia 930

Posted 15 July 2014 - 17:44

And here we see the list of companies that give a #### about Windows Phone

120906.jpg

Which is a real shame, because it really is great :/

#4 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:26

Bungie are most likely giving MS the finger by doing this, coupled with the obvious PS4-first attitude for the game itself - which is fine by me as i've pre-ordered it for PS4. I don't mind the lack of the app, and i'm an ardent Windows Phone user. Would probably just download it and never actually use it anyway. Otherwise this is no different from many other companies shunning WP due to their reluctance to spend money on what they consider a small user base.

However, in Bungie's case i do believe it's political, much like it is with Valve, who would rather see the world burn than have a Steam app for WP

#5 protocol7

protocol7

It's Fumbles. It was always Fumbles.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:28

Are those companion apps any good? I think I can get them for a few of my games but I've never even fired one up.

#6 DarkyDan

DarkyDan

Neowinian

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:16

There are some websites (looking at you fantasy.afl.com.au) that have a full site overlay on mobiles telling you to download their mobile app.  Only available on Android or iOS.  I literally cannot see my AFL fantasy team on my windows phone.. even when I set IE11 to Desktop mode it still has the overlay blocking the site pointing me towards an app that doesn't exist for my platform.

Lucky the apps that MATTER have WP8 support.