Photo

Has anyone used this Slimjet web browser?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stvjhson

stvjhson

Neowinian

Posted 15 July 2014 - 20:41

It's one of the browsers based on the Chromium project. According to its website http://www.slimjet.com, it keeps most of the features available in Chrome while adding a bunch of extra features to make your life easier or do things faster. It also adds more options to make it more customizable than Chrome. Notably, its toolbar is customizable and you can add/remove buttons just you do it in Firefox. 

I've tried for a couple of weeks and so far it lives up to their claims. I like Chrome's speed and reliability but its lack of options is always a turn-off for me. Slimjet does satisfy my desire to customize and optimize. It has direct support of URL alias which is a big plus for a keyboard junkie like me. 

I guess people who are interested might check it out and share your thoughts. 

#2 Colder Winters

Colder Winters

Neowinian

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:51

Yes, I found Slimjet a few weeks ago after reading an article on it in CPU Magazine, I was using Operas latest but was dismayed at the lack of options, Slimjet is the most Feature laden Chromium based browser I've seen so far, It's fast and has tons of Options, It is my main default browser now, Slimjet is up to version 1.1.5.0 now, last updated on Sept 3rd, its the best hands down and I love it, SLIMJET  :)

#3 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:02

That looks like something designed to steal my bank account details.

#4 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:25

It kinda looks like it suffers from bloating like Maxthon, but I don't use Chrome anyway. I don't see a link to source anywhere, that's a bit odd.

#5 Colder Winters

Colder Winters

Neowinian

Posted 09 September 2014 - 13:22

No, it's not bloated like Maxthon, it runs the Blink engine only, and why would having options making it more usable cause it to steal bank details, give it a run, then comment on it.

#6 +Boo Berry

Boo Berry

Neowinian Ghost

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 10 September 2014 - 22:33

That looks like something designed to steal my bank account details.

This is exactly what I thought.