Photo

The Last of Us Remastered lets you lock at 30FPS.

the last of us remastered naughty dog sony ps4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#61 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 18 July 2014 - 14:42

9IQhmpr.png

Borderlands 2. Your point of "No PC games let you cap at 30" has been debunked. Whats with the goal-post moving?

I made a general statement - that PC games don't allow you to cap the framerate to 30fps - and you found an exception. That doesn't in invalidate my point, as I had already pointed out that exceptions existed. Only a tiny percentage of PC games allow you to cap the framerate at 30fps and it's done for performance reasons, not artistic ones.

#62 OP McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 18 July 2014 - 14:44

I made a general statement - that PC games don't allow you to cap the framerate to 30fps - and you found an exception. That doesn't in invalidate my point, as I had already pointed out that exceptions existed. Only a tiny percentage of PC games allow you to cap the framerate at 30fps and it's done for performance reasons, not artistic ones.

You made a statement, a statement I debunked. You didn't say anything about performance in your original statement. You claimed that "No PC Games let you cap to 30". The very fact I posted an example proves your entire statement to be false.

#63 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 18 July 2014 - 15:01

Ok guys I think this is going way too far off topic. This isn't about PC Games full stop, never mind PC games with an option for frame lock.

I'm pretty sure there is a Framerate discussion thread somewhere this would probably be better suited too.

#64 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 18 July 2014 - 15:11

It's not about being the "master race"; it's about the gaming experience. Nobody serious about cars is going to buy a Kia, just like nobody serious about gaming is going to buy a console. You get what you pay for. I care about gaming and for me 30fps is unacceptable, as are sub-1080p resolutions (I game at 1600p@60fps).

Amen!

#65 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 18 July 2014 - 15:12

I'm sceptical. It sounds a bit like marketing PR spin.

Not necessarily. For some people it takes some time to get used to a faster framerate. Often someone who never saw anything at over 30 fps will find over 30 fps unnatural at first.

#66 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 18 July 2014 - 16:41

It was never about whether games where locked at 30 fps, but that many if not most gamers will set graphics settings as high as possible as long as the fps stays over or mostly over 30, after that vsync will for all practical purposes lock it at 30 anyway.

Also I bet lots of rallycross drivers buy Kia's. And I bet those who buy fun Kia hot hatch have a lot more fun in their cheap little car than those who buy an expensive car.

Also I guess you don't consider all those who play fighting games competitively serious gamers, since they usually play on console...

#67 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 18 July 2014 - 16:47

Your general statement was a derail attempt anyway.

It was never about whether games where locked at 30 fps, but that many if not most gamers will set graphics settings as high as possible as long as the fps stays over or mostly over 30, after that vsync will for all practical purposes lock it at 30 anyway.

Also I bet lots of rallycross drivers buy Kia's. And I bet those who buy fun Kia hot hatch have a lot more fun in their cheap little car than those who buy an expensive car.

Also I guess you don't consider all those who play fighting games competitively serious gamers, since they usually play on console...

Fighting games run at 60 fps on consoles.

#68 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 18 July 2014 - 17:09

Topic closed

This topic is more trouble than it's worth nor is anyone discussing the original game any more.