That one game you never completed

Bioshock. I got about a third of the way in and just sort of gave up. I keep meaning to go back to it.

My biggest shame of all though is the Sonic the Hedgehog games on the Megadrive/Genesis. I've completed all three of the main games, Sonic & Knuckles, and Sonic 2 + 3 with Knuckles, but I just can't get the Chaos Emeralds. I've been trying for nearly 20 years now, and I'm about ready to give up :argh:

Mass Effect 2

The trick with Mass Effect 2 is to only do the planet scanning when you need stuff, otherwise it draws the game out too long and you find yourself getting bored. At least that how it was for me. Once I started doing that, the second playthrough of the game was much more fun.

GTA San Andreas "The Chiliad Challenge", I've completed all the 3D versions of GTA to 100% but that one race leaves me at 99.5%(I think) and I cant do it. D:

Rick Dangerous and The New Zealand Story on Amiga 500. 
Lately its the drinking games in Watch_Dogs :/

I usually played games until I figured it out... but Final Fantasy Mystic Quest drove me nuts in the SNES days... the one ice area had some puzzle that annoyed the heck out of me moving ice blocks around

Space Invaders

:p

Galaga?  :woot:

• Like 1

Skyrim. I love the lore and the world...and dragons, but every time I try to play it I have to deal with the awful combat, the stupid auto-level system, and the broken talent system. I can only play an hour or two before I give up out of disappointment. Such a shame too, the game had a lot of potential.

• Like 1

:o you need to get on that!

I do this way too often. UC3, Ni No Kuni, spring to mind.

lol. OK it has to be a game that you've actually attempted to complete, not your general pile o' shame.

I know right, I have all three, was doing them in order and so I haven't finished ME2 and still have ME3 in the package unopened.  It's becoming harder and harder for me to find time to play anymore.

It's becoming harder and harder for me to find time to play anymore.

Yeah. WHen you're a kid you swear when you grow up you'll just play games, then you grow up and find little time for it :(

I do this way too often. UC3, Ni No Kuni, spring to mind.

Ni No Kuni for me too. It's like they tried really hard to make this awesome game and then just stopped giving a crap about it, it got mindlessly boring quite quickly. Was so odd, had so much potential to be a little cult classic.

For me, that would be Armed Assault (ArmA).  Never mind "completing" it, I could never get into it.  I was a big fan of Bohemia Interactive's Operation Flashpoint--I played the living ###### out of it for years, quite literally, and it's basically made me stop playing the more popular "dumb shooters" altogether.

Unfortunately, even though the same team put together ArmA, they did something to the controls--I could never quite put my finger on it--and I could never get the hang of it, so I never got anywhere.

Come to think of it, I purchased ArmA, then ArmA 2, with the same results.  Would love to get into ArmA 3, but I'm afraid the same thing's gonna happen...

That, plus the fact that I simply don't have the time anymore to play games.

• Matrix: Path of Neo, I got stuck and lost interest.
  • Fable 3. I don't know why but I quit playing it just before becoming king.

Gotta finish them some day. I hope.

Never completed New Vegas got to the last boss and the gates got locked behind me, it was then i realised i wasn't strong enough to defeat him and didn't have enough charisma to persuade him, couldn't be bothered to load up an earlier save and go through the whole hoover damn again so i never bothered. I love Fallout3 and would have loved to complete New Vegas, brought the DLC and never played em because i always thought i would complete the main game first. 

You rang? *bats eyes*

• Like 3

Turok (N64), my brother and I must have played the first 3-4 levels about 30 times when we were younger but every time at a random save point it would corrupt the memory card and we'd have to start again. After trying a few different memory cards I think we just gave up, never did complete it.

Final Fantasy 8. I got almost every secret weapon and summon, defeated ultima weapon, but didn't defeat omega weapon, or the last boss. Got into Ultimecia's final form but never actually beat her. 

:( 

Bubble Bobble...

Always seemed to get stuck at a certain level where you start in a column on the side of the screen, around level 60-70..

Irrating isn't the word.... Grr.... :crazy:

Kameo: Elements of Power.

Actually loved that game, got to the pre-final boss. My Xbox froze, responded to nothing. Hard reset, save data corrupt... *sigh* Uninstalled the game and never looked at it again, checked the final boss fight on Youtube and be done with it. :P

Finan Fantasy XIII. Got to chapter 11, tried some of the quests and grinds, but got bored. I asked myself "why am I doing this?". Removed the disc from my console and never played it again.