That one game you never completed

Shadowman on PS. I don't know why, I could just never complete it. Things came up. My memory card got wiped. I got stuck in certain areas. It's my gaming unicorn.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World, built into my Sega Mastersystem II

And I'm not surprised, it's bloody hard! I just got it for an emulator and couldn't even manage the first level. I was better aged 7!

Saddest? Skyrim.....700+ hours and I have never completed the the main quest or any of the DLC main quests. I have a tendency to change mods and make different characters by the time I get to lvl 20 or so, though my latest is lvl 26 and I went on vacation for a week so it should feel nice and fresh by the time I get to play again....think I'm going to force myself through the main quest (though my latest is the most fun I've ever had...forget blacksmithing, go for max enchanting, don't even have dual enchant perk yet and I'm already stomping through most challenges as a pure archer at lvl 26).

As for old-school, FF7.....I played up to a point, saved right before a boss fight (I'm the type to always overwrite my last save), and got stuck on that boss, unable to beat it as a kid, so I gave up and never played it again.

Doom 3 on PC. Always played late at night on the dark so I could only end up playing for like an hour at a time before being too on edge. Also could never seem to have enough ammo. Pretty sure I got about half way multiple times and just never went further. Damn shame because I did enjoy it.

I never completed some of the DLCs of Fallout New Vegas and I tried several times but couldn't finished them after I ended the main quest. Some times I couldn't have spare free time and others I was roaming around the world too much and wasted time.

It's one of my favorite games of all time but I never bothered installing it again after a reformat. Maybe someday...

Wizardry 8. Haven't truly had a clean run. Got pretty far many times, had all secret stuff, fooled with import saves (which I didn't have of my own), fooled with developers' menu - made all kinds of god parties and, for sport, impossible fights of the high level monsters, some on my side. Played all possible starts, choices and endings with many parties and chars using said developers' menu. Never had a clean run. Haven't touched since 2007, I think.

The Chaos Engine - I had the game on the Amiga, when I got to the 4th world the floppy disk could not be read so I couldn't even finish it. Now I own the re-make on Steam I really should finish it.

At the moment, Dust: An Elysian Tail. I got right to the end and just stopped... I don't remember why, but then I left it too long and now my combat skills will be rusty and not ideal for taking on the final boss.

In general I tend to be a completionist and always have to finish it, so I can't think of many past games I left... Maybe Halo 3 on Legendary, I'm not sure I ever got through it.

Wind Waker. I apparently nearly finished it and then I just sort of stopped for some reason. Also, Gradius 3..... Seriously, screw that game.

Mass Effect 2

:o you need to get on that!

Wind Waker. I apparently nearly finished it and then I just sort of stopped for some reason. Also, Gradius 3..... Seriously, screw that game.

I do this way too often. UC3, Ni No Kuni, spring to mind.

90% of my Steam games list... so, erm... Steam?  :blush:

lol. OK it has to be a game that you've actually attempted to complete, not your general pile o' shame.

I never completed some of the DLCs of Fallout New Vegas and I tried several times but couldn't finished them after I ended the main quest. Some times I couldn't have spare free time and others I was roaming around the world too much and wasted time.

It's one of my favorite games of all time but I never bothered installing it again after a reformat. Maybe someday...

Never completed New Vegas got to the last boss and the gates got locked behind me, it was then i realised i wasn't strong enough to defeat him and didn't have enough charisma to persuade him, couldn't be bothered to load up an earlier save and go through the whole hoover damn again so i never bothered. I love Fallout3 and would have loved to complete New Vegas, brought the DLC and never played em because i always thought i would complete the main game first. 

Beyond Good and Evil on PC.

The end boss had to be hit in a certain order and I never got around to doing it...

Great game though, really enjoyed it! I should finish it... one day. :laugh:

• Like 1

The end boss had to be hit in a certain order and I never got around to doing it...

That last boss was a tough cookie to crack, but worth it. 

Started but never finished Alone in the Dark on my 360, the game was so frustrating that I just gave up. 

Jet Set Willy

It was actually impossible to complete due to various bugs. Oh how I tried for years until I found this out :(

Never completed New Vegas got to the last boss and the gates got locked behind me, it was then i realised i wasn't strong enough to defeat him and didn't have enough charisma to persuade him, couldn't be bothered to load up an earlier save and go through the whole hoover damn again so i never bothered. I love Fallout3 and would have loved to complete New Vegas, brought the DLC and never played em because i always thought i would complete the main game first. 

It's a shame you didn't finish the main quest at the least. I really plan to start the game from scratch and finish it completely but I still don't know when, though.

FF13.

Tried soo many times. I even bought 13-2 for like ?5 to try and spur me on knowing it's supposedly better. Haven't bought Lightning Returns and won't be  :laugh:

I never completed a single one of the old games like Donkey Kong or Mario crap, which is when I quit playing any games.

I hate that die and start over crap with a  passion which is why I'm not a gamer at all! Miserable stuff just got me so mad I actually smashed a couple controllers because I didn't think they were responding to my touches as fast as they should!

I can get aggravated to the max over better things than some stupid game!

Phantasy Star for Sega Master System. Played it forever, got to the last boss, tried a few times but my characters weren't strong enough, put it away and never took it out again, probably because that was around the time I got my first PC (286 with 40MB HDD, running DOS 4.1).

Skyrim and Fallout 3 - Just lost interest for some reason.

Red Dead Redemption - For some reason, I just never completed the last two missions.

• Like 1