That one game you never completed

sadly final fantasy 7 8 and 9 :( got pretty much all the way to the end on all 3 of them but just couldnt do it

trying to find montivation to do ff13-3 now

Oblivion and Shivering Isle extension... so much to do and so much to explore... was hoping to finish Oblivion and then go into Shivering Isle but that is impossible attempt.

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System for the gamecube

really fun game but never managed to beat the final boss

Bioshock 2 on hard...

Help me finish with the lime smashing...

There are sooo many limes in worldwide!

:p

Joke aside, I have lot of games that aren't finished but I finished FM4 on 360..

I am working on to finish FM5 on XB1.

One game I did not beat?

How about just the past year...

Games I Did Not Beat This Past Year (that I actually started playing and wanted to beat)

• Dead Rising 3
  • Call Of Duty Ghosts
  • Forza 5
  • Killzone SF
  • Watch Dogs
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (still working on it)
  • Outlast
  • Super Time Force

Games I Did Actually Beat The Past Year

• GTA V
  • Ryse
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Wolfenstein New Order
  • Shovel Knight
  • Mario Kart 8 (well I saw the ending credits)

And I am missing a ton of games on the not beaten list. Unfortunately this is my reality. I do not have anywhere near the time I once used to have to play video games, and I do not even have kids. Just being an adult tends to take a lot of your time, and I imagine just as relevant, energy. I often find I do have some time to play games, but I would much rather just crash on the couch and do nothing just because I am mentally exhausted. Really is not fun.

Historically speaking the one game I never beat but wish I did...

System Shock 2

Metro 2033

i am waiting for metro redux to complete both games.    i completed the newer one and loved it.   the old one i got stuck in the middle and stopped playing, but now i want to replay the new updated 2033 a lot.

i am waiting for metro redux to complete both games.    i completed the newer one and loved it.   the old one i got stuck in the middle and stopped playing, but now i want to replay the new updated 2033 a lot.

I have tons of games on my drive waiting to be played, but work is consuming most of my day :/

I have tons of games on my drive waiting to be played, but work is consuming most of my day :/

well metro redux, far cry 4, witcher 3, and any new episode of Telltale adventure games (walking dead, or game of thrones soon)  will take priority over any other for of entertainment for me (tv, movies, or hanging out with friends) 

good thing though is all of them usually take anywhere from 2 to 8 hours, and the games i love don't come out too often.

i also have about 6-7 other games that i kinda want to play, but they are on a back burner and will only likely get played if i get stuck in home due to flu or something like that.... otherwise they will never be finished.

stuff like other indie games (though i loved shovel knight, it is an exeption) and stuff like Skirym or Mass Effect 3  (too long for me - i dont have time to finish, and it seems pointless to sit down and play for only 20 minutes at a time).   

i completed mass effect 2 when i was very sick for 2 week, stuck at home. otherwise i would have never really played it too.  

For the longest time mine was Jurassic Park on the SNES.  Game relied on way too much walking from one building to the next to find key cards and security consoles.  Add in the fact that each place was a freaking maze so even if you found the key card you had to go back and try to find the door that you found once.  As a kid I found the egg room but never knew what in the world I had to do. Oh.. and NO save point, so you had to either leave it on or start over.  Fast forward many years eventually got the emulator on my PC, found a map that showed where everything was... beat the game only to be super disappointed with the ending..

I guess I need a game I never beat.. I'll say I'm sad I never beat Super Mario 2

• Like 1

Alex Kidd in Miracle World, built into my Sega Mastersystem II

And I'm not surprised, it's bloody hard! I just got it for an emulator and couldn't even manage the first level. I was better aged 7!

I remember taking turns to complete that game with my brother whilst I was around 9 and he 7. We found that each play through you could work out what the janken outcomes would be from previous goes. Was the only way to get past Janken in the castle for us!

As for me, I would say The Ninja on the SMS was the only game I never completed. &^%@ you scrolls, &^%@ you.

For the longest time mine was Jurassic Park on the SNES.  Game relied on way too much walking from one building to the next to find key cards and security consoles.  Add in the fact that each place was a freaking maze so even if you found the key card you had to go back and try to find the door that you found once.  As a kid I found the egg room but never knew what in the world I had to do. Oh.. and NO save point, so you had to either leave it on or start over.  Fast forward many years eventually got the emulator on my PC, found a map that showed where everything was... beat the game only to be super disappointed with the ending..

I guess I need a game I never beat.. I'll say I'm sad I never beat Super Mario 2

JP on the SNES was awesome, tried to go back on emulators although didn't have the patience...

Come to think about it, i'm not sure I ever actually completed 'Zelda - A Link to the Past' either. Considering it's my all-time favourite game that's pretty bad.. Hah...

Doom 3 for PC and Einhander for PlayStation. The former just seems so long and the darkness gets to me sometimes. The latter simply because I cannot beat the last boss.

I often find I do have some time to play games, but I would much rather just crash on the couch and do nothing just because I am mentally exhausted. Really is not fun.

I agree mate! I have not turned on my ps4 for over a week now. Breaks my heart however work, my wife and chores become priority in an adults life.

I am coming up too 4 days off, 2 of which will be me the ps4 and the couch!

Cheers