Photo

PS4 outsells XBox One in June despite price cut.

34 replies to this topic

#1 Asmodai

Asmodai

Neowinian

• 966 posts
  • Phone: Motorola Droid Mini

Posted 17 July 2014 - 23:42

NPD Data for June is in, Sony tweets:

Software:

1. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
2. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
3. Minecraft (360, PS3)
4. UFC (PS4, Xbox One)
5. FIFA 14 (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
6. NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
7. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
8. Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)
9. Tomodachi Life (3DS)
10. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)

#2 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 10,771 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 23:48

Probably doesn't need it's own thread ;) http://www.neowin.ne...#entry596494117

#3 OP Asmodai

Asmodai

Neowinian

• 966 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 23:55

I give you props for posting it first if that's what you're looking for (based on the post timestamps) but I don't see how a comment on page 4 of a thread whose subject says MS sales doubled from last month would make it not deserve it's own thread.

Someone coming to look for the NPD results released today at 6pm should not be expected to look at page 4 of the comment on a story from yesterday.  Furthermore NPD numbers are not MS specific and that thread is in the Microsoft specific subforum.

#4 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,634 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 17 July 2014 - 23:57

VGC data:

TnWAkGf.png

#5 OP Asmodai

Asmodai

Neowinian

• 966 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 00:03

VGC data:

TnWAkGf.png

If those numbers are credible then there is hope for Xbox One fans on MS catching up to Sony.  The only week they got dominated was week 1 and didn't the price cut go into effect on the 7th or something.  If you guess MS would have sold about 20k more that first week if it was available at the lower price then they may have edged out Sony for the month.  That bodes well for them for next month.

#6 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• 24,745 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 00:09

I give you props for posting it first if that's what you're looking for (based on the post timestamps) but I don't see how a comment on page 4 of a thread whose subject says MS sales doubled from last month would make it not deserve it's own thread.

Someone coming to look for the NPD results released today at 6pm should not be expected to look at page 4 of the comment on a story from yesterday.  Furthermore NPD numbers are not MS specific and that thread is in the Microsoft specific subforum.

A separate topic for all hardware and software discussion is fine.

VGC data:

TnWAkGf.png

Those numbers are out. We know both the Wii U and X1 figures are closer to 140K and 150K respectively.

#7 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,543 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 00:16

Call of Duty Ghost in the top 10 :/

#8 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 10,771 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 00:17

A separate topic for all hardware and software discussion is fine.

Those numbers are out. We know both the Wii U and X1 figures are closer to 140K and 150K respectively.

You know 180k is "more than double" right (which is what MS said)? It could very well be that for all you know. Not that vgchartz is particularly reliable.

#9 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,543 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 00:18

BTW Wii U is doing okay.

#10 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 10,771 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 00:18

Someone coming to look for the NPD results released today at 6pm should not be expected to look at page 4 of the comment on a story from yesterday. Furthermore NPD numbers are not MS specific and that thread is in the Microsoft specific subforum.

I don't care about getting props. Not sure why you'd assume that.

#11 OP Asmodai

Asmodai

Neowinian

• 966 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 00:23

Call of Duty Ghost in the top 10 :/

I don't like how they combine all the platforms instead of break them out.

Really Mario Kart dominated because it sold that many on a single platform.  Watch Dogs beat it but only by combining sales across 5 platforms.  Wait till the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Minecraft are released, it's probably going to be in the charts for a long time with combined sales.

BTW Wii U is doing okay.

Since the launch of Mario Kart 8.  If you bought one at launch that's a LONG time to wait for a great game though.

#12 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• 24,745 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 00:43

You know 180k is "more than double" right (which is what MS said)? It could very well be that for all you know. Not that vgchartz is particularly reliable.

Yes I'm aware, and you'll also be aware we're working with estimates. MS never announced numbers for May. We're going on the assumption they sold 77K and doubling it to get 154K minimum. All we know for a fact is it's more than Nintendo's number which we can work out closer due to a 233% increase over June 2013's NPD.

VGC also "reported" 100K+ for X1 in May, which would mean they're contradicting MS if they did "more than double" but only report 180K for June...

#13 Tha Bloo Monkee

Tha Bloo Monkee

Da Ba Dee Da Ba Die

• 4,078 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:03

Sure it does.

#14 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• 4,511 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:03

Until we know the actual sales numbers, then we can't say if the sales numbers are close or if the ps4 vastly outsold the X1 again.

If the numbers are close, then that could be considered a win for MS. If it is not, then that could be an issue, or it could be due to a lack of new content for that month.

Sony should really share the numbers since they were first after all.

Yes I'm aware, and you'll also be aware we're working with estimates. MS never announced numbers for May. We're going on the assumption they sold 77K and doubling it to get 154K minimum. All we know for a fact is it's more than Nintendo's number which we can work out closer due to a 233% increase over June 2013's NPD.

VGC also "reported" 100K+ for X1 in May, which would mean they're contradicting MS if they did "more than double" but only report 180K for June...

So, um, boil all of this down. Do we have any real numbers or is this all educated guesswork?

I'm seeing you guys arguing over these numbers, but with no clear answer.

Will we get real sales numbers?

#15 Vandalsquad

Vandalsquad

Neowinian

• 912 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:59

Why do we continually have these threads? :huh:  Can't we just have a U.S Monthly sales data thread the same as the Japan one. 

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!