doom quakecon id software marty stratton bethesda softworks pc ps4 xbox one

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 R1pper

R1pper

In Search Of The (Difficult) Truth.

• 440 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:57

ive heard they demonstrated actual gameplay in quakecon, does any one got a link to that video?

#47 Pusska In Boots

Pusska In Boots

Neowinian

• 41 posts
  • Phone: Sony Z1 Ultra

Posted 21 July 2014 - 14:59

ive heard they demonstrated actual gameplay in quakecon, does any one got a link to that video?

It was no cameras..

#48 R1pper

R1pper

In Search Of The (Difficult) Truth.

• 440 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 15:40

It was no cameras..

:(

thank you.
:)

#49 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,546 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 21 July 2014 - 15:46

I particularly liked the melee moves in Killzone 3, but they did not require the player to be weakened, and weakened players didn't flash and get highlighted, you just sneak up on them and stick a knife in their throat or shove your thumbs into their eyesockets and move on.  The whole flashing part sounds a bit "arcade"-esque for Doom, but maybe it'll work out and look cool.

Definitely. I really liked how it was done in Killzone. I remember Guerrilla saying, way back in the day before KZ1 was released, that melee kills were specifically designed to be insta-kills because they wanted them to be like a kind of "reward" for being able to get within arms distance of an enemy without dying. I think it works really well in the context.

But putting something similar in Doom, where you're supposed to be battling super-human demons (who can most likely best a human in a hand-to-hand fight) seems out of place. And it definitely seems like an awful design move if they're going to be highlighting enemies on top of it.

#50 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 6,000 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 21 July 2014 - 22:11

Lol what?

Doom 3 shadows were pretty ######ing good. Sure the game itself wasn't anything to write home about but the shadows were superbly well done.

Yeah bearing in mind I was 13, Doom 3 scared the hell out of me playing it.

#51 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 8,812 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 22:25

Yeah bearing in mind I was 13, Doom 3 scared the hell out of me playing it.

Heck, I remember Doom II (yes - before Windows) having one level that was very much WTF; because you walked into this one room and went from nothing to up PAST your eyeballs in Cacodemons - left, right, in front, and to your rear.  (And you don't have the BFG yet - at best you have the SMG.) If you have a full load of ammo, you won't die - however, you're still left thinking "What the -!!!!".

#52 Tech085

Tech085

Neowinian

• 905 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:14

I preorder wolfenstein the new order so should get me into the new doom beta hopefully soonish.

#53 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

• 4,186 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:30

Desperate to see this game in action.

Loved Doom 3 and its expansion to bits. Really should try get me the BFG edition sometime.

#54 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,944 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:36

well, original Doom doesn't have any micro-transaction, wonder if this new doom can also do that on this era where money grubbing scheme are so prevalent?