Exchange 2013 Redirect Emails

Hi,

I got another situation where I have hosted exchange mailboxes.

there are 2 users:

user1@domain.com

user2@domain.com

whatever user1@domain.com gets it gets redirected to user2@domain.com which is good.

The thing that doesnt work though is if user2@domain.com emails user1@domain.com that email wont get redirected.

Any way of getting it to work?

I have created several rules to try and get it to work but nothing works at all :(

Only emails from outside the domain are redirected.

Sounds like loop detection is kicking in.

You can have user1@domain.com redirect to user2@domain.com, but as soon as you then setup user2@domain.com to go to user1@domain.com you've got yourself a mail loop.

Why not add user2@domain.com as an alias to user1@domain.com's account?

Yeah thats what I thought, but it would still make sense, as the email sent from user2 to user1 would be redirected it would go back to user1, so its not an infinite loop.

I gotta have it as two separate mailboxes unfortunately, they are used by 2 different people, but user2 needs to have all incoming emails of user1

Options...

• Full Mailbox Access to both users to both mailboxes.
  • Transport Rule to have all incoming mail to either mailbox BCC'd to the other.

Are you on a plan that has Exchange Transport Rules included?  A lot of them do aside from the really tiny plans.

You could create a distribution group that user1 is in, and when user2 emails that distribution group then user2 will still get that email.