Florida dad beats man he found allegedly raping his son

Huh ?  Red Mist ?

A common expression, at least in the UK. Generally used to mean when rage takes over and you completely lose control of your temper.

• Like 2

Too bad the father didn't have a gun.

That's the last thing the situation needed. It is perfectly understandable to attack somebody who is raping a friend or family member and seek to incapacitate them - it is not acceptable to kill them. Using guns in self-defence is one thing but it's another entirely to use them in vengeance.

What the father did in this situation was understandable and some would even argue justified. Shooting him would have been absolutely unacceptable and completely unjustified.

A common expression, at least in the UK. Generally used to mean when rage takes over and you completely lose control of your temper.

I thought red mist was the blood spray you see when a bullet leaves an exit wound.

That's the last thing the situation needed. It is perfectly understandable to attack somebody who is raping a friend or family member and seek to incapacitate them - it is not acceptable to kill them. Using guns in self-defence is one thing but it's another entirely to use them in vengeance.

What the father did in this situation was understandable and some would even argue justified. Shooting him would have been absolutely unacceptable and completely unjustified.

no, child rapists deserve to be gotten rid of. They don't need to be around to harm any more children.

If you love them so much, we'll send them all to you so you can skip over rainbows, eat skittles, and sip on tea with them.

If you love them so much, we'll send them all to you so you can skip over rainbows, eat skittles, and sip on tea with them.

:rolleyes:

I think the father showed almost unbelievable levels of restraint, tbh.  Having experience with almost the same kind of situation, I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have been so level headed.

• Like 1

I think the father showed almost unbelievable levels of restraint, tbh.  Having experience with almost the same kind of situation, I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have been so level headed.

I disagree. Clearly the assault against the rapist was extreme, as the pictures prove that. Understandable? Sure. Restrained and level headed? Nope.

I disagree. Clearly the assault against the rapist was extreme, as the pictures prove that. Understandable? Sure. Restrained and level headed? Nope.

That's not even close to what I did to the bastard that raped and beat my sister, so yeah... VERY restrained and level headed.

I would have took it a step farther and ended his life. Win Win Win... saves tax payers money from court, lawyers, prison time, and then since its generally understood there is almost no chance in correcting this behavior, he WILL do it again so you will save tax payers 2X, 3X heck even 5X. And then its also the biggest bonus that you will save other future children form this traumatizing ordeal.

• Like 1

I disagree. Clearly the assault against the rapist was extreme, as the pictures prove that. Understandable? Sure. Restrained and level headed? Nope.Appropriate for the situation? HELLYEAH!!

Fixed.

• Like 3

Sometimes, yes. One could argue that a lifetime of social education has not worked. Time for Plan B - pound it into the worthless slime. Make him scared to death it'll happen again, or worse.

• Like 1

Yay, violence. :rolleyes:

I agreed that eye for an eye is extreme violence but you also need to put yourself in the shoes of someone affected by a rapist. Child rapist are sick, beyond repair. They are almost at the same level of criminal thugs, who over 80% don't fix themselves and not matter how many psychologists they visited. It is beyond repair and the only wait to fix it is to disable or kill these people. They are like a plague.
  • Like 1

If your ancestors had adopted the same mindset you have, then you would not exist because they would have been weeded out through natural selection.  Every time you reply to a topic it just boggles my mind.  Anybody who would sexually molest a little child is a worthless piece of garbage that is obviously VERY mentally ill and not fit to breathe the same air as the rest of us.  There's a serious mental issue there, one that makes him a clear and present danger to others, and as far as I know child molestation is not a crime that can get you life in prison, so he will eventually get out, and when he does he will continue to be a threat to children near him for the rest of his life.  If I were to just walk in and find somebody molesting my little boy right now, I can't say I wouldn't beat them unconscious, and then drag them into the back yard and execute them.

Hopefully the stories of "prison justice" are true and the oxygen thief gets what's coming to him once they put him behind bars.

• Like 2

Yay, violence.  :rolleyes:

The world isn't full of unicorns farting rainbows and blowing kisses, no matter how much you want it to be.

I'm sure you think they should have sat down, sipped on some tea and discussed why he did that to his son to work on an amicable solution.

• Like 3

I'd just like to add, I'm not -proud- of what I did to my sister's rapist, but I would do exactly the same thing again in the same situation or similar.  People who rape, -especially- when that rape is of an innocent child, do not deserve forgiveness or mercy.

I'm sure you think they should have sat down, sipped on some tea and discussed why he did that to his son to work on an amicable solution.

i don't think i have ever agreed with you on something before, but here i am saying I agree. Extremely complete and thorough studies on child predators has shown it is NOT curable. In the rare extreme case, one can be trained to resist and suppress the desire but it NEVER goes away. Its almost always a 100% re-offend rate if given opportunity. There IS NO solution yet, and won't be until medical science advances to a point where changes can be made in the wiring of the brain. It would be like curing autism, a great goal, but almost 100% unrealistic.

• Like 2

This is one of the first threads on Neowin in which I've seen near unanimous agreement on a topic. For the record, every shred of humanity I have would be temporarily suspended in order to deal with someone like this. I cannot say that I would have stopped at the point this father did. Most likely I wouldn't have.

• Like 1