Florida dad beats man he found allegedly raping his son

Wrong. Punishing sexually predatory behavior cuts both ways. Look at the news.

Taking a more aggressive approach towards a male perp is more a recognition of the greater threat they pose if they try to escape.

BS even you yourself have made comments on other threads like this one below.

Thread titled : Teacher gives birth to students baby

In 10th grade I had a 23-ish French teacher that could give a month old corpse a stiffie, but she was committed to only teasing.

While I think the US justice system is particularly egregious in its use of punitive punishment?and I won't apologise for pointing that out?FloatingFatMan is right to point out that the UK has a long, long way to go. Here we rely too much on punishment and hand out jail sentences even when they're counterproductive - for instance, evidence has shown that people jailed for less than a year are far more likely to reoffend than those sentenced to community service. Too often long prison sentences are given because that's what the public expects, rather than because it's what is best for society. Prisons in the UK do little to rehabilitate people back into society.

I'm embarrassed by the UK criminal justice system and would like to see us move more towards the progressive Scandinavian model. Too often politicians in the UK try to look tough on crime by implementing petty restrictions, like early bed times for youth offenders. Such initiatives are ideologically driven rather than evidence-based and usually create more problems than they solve. I think Richard Branson is a great one to look at for his work with the criminal justice system, as his employment programmes in prisons have led to a dramatic reduction in the reoffending rate by empowering prisoners to take control over their future (it's covered in one of his books, I believe it's 'Screw Business As Usual') - he has also called for the decriminalisation of drugs, which is something desperately needed here and which Portugal has demonstrated works.

It's natural for humans to defecate in the woods but that doesn't mean we should be doing that in a civilised society. Being 'natural' doesn't make it right. Emotions are natural but they should be controlled.

I'll give credit where credit is due and thank you for pointing out flaws in your own system as well. Hopefully you took no offence to my previous statements and saw where I was getting at.

With that out of the way, society is defined by the majority. Social norms are established by this. In your opinion, you feel that vengeance has no place in a modern society and make no mistake I share this as well. Just rest knowing that you are in a minority and as a whole society is still very much "eye for an eye".

• Like 1

There's a big difference between a legal individual and the victim of a pedophile. If you can't see that it's time for a tuneup.

Your moving the goalposts you and I both know we are not talking about legal adults.

This has nothing to do with a female teacher, nor any of our members so keep this on topic.

Male of female perpetrator, this is wrong, end of.

You're the one moving goalposts, 11 then 14-15, and 16 is legal in most states.

Legal, maybe. Little thing called consent needs to be present, otherwise, it's rape, which is wrong.

Legal, maybe. Little thing called consent needs to be present, otherwise, it's rape, which is wrong.

In PA 16 and under aren't legally able to consent. So it is automatically rape no matter what the minor said. Provided the age gap is 4 years or more.

• Like 1

Florida is the locale at issue in the OP, not Michigan where I live (aoc=16) or elsewhere,

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/romeo-and-juliet-law-offers-a-way-off-floridas-sex-offender-list/1191974

Florida's age of consent is 18, though the law contains a provision allowing 16- and 17-year-olds to consent to having sex with someone age 16 to 23.

To qualify for removal [from a sex offenders list] under "Romeo and Juliet," the victim must have been at least 14 years old and the offender no more than four years older. The sex must have been consensual, and the offender must not have additional sex offense convictions after the original offense.

• Like 1