OS X 10.10 DP4, iTunes 12.0 beta out

I'm seeing some freezing in Safari, but it's only on specific sites and I'm not sure what triggers it.

I have an old Mac Mini mid 2011 with 4 GB of memory, and beta 4 runs smooth on my machine. Love it. Not liking the dark theme as of now, though. They will probably refine it further.

So the public beta's releasing today. Looking forward to installing it on a separate USB drive - already have limited storage on this MBA as is!

I've been running OS X 10.10 as sole OS on my MBA since DP1. So far so good - apart from graphical glitches with 3rd party apps I haven't encountered any real issues. 

Does anyone know the build number of the public beta? It's apparently slightly newer than DP4, which is 14A298i.

Oh, so literally one build up. That's consistent with what my source told me, though they didn't elaborate what, if any, bug fixes or changes there might be. Apparently the public beta program will be using a different bug reporting channel from the dev, though, so I'd expect many duplicate reports.

Just downloading the Beta 1 now - is it OK to install this over the top of DP4?

I'm sure you could but I'd see what has changed, if anything.

Oh, so literally one build up. That's consistent with what my source told me, though they didn't elaborate what, if any, bug fixes or changes there might be. Apparently the public beta program will be using a different bug reporting channel from the dev, though, so I'd expect many duplicate reports.

The only change is with the feedback assistant apparently. Nothing more.

Tried the beta but it's still not ready for primetime unfortunately. I'm just glad I didn't install it over Mavericks. There are problems with Office, Works, Parallels and even Finder has been misbehaving on my install. I've filed lots of bug reports but have to say I'll be using Mavericks for the time being as my main OS and playing/filing bug reports in Yosemite.

On the plus side, Safari runs like lightening and iTunes is faster and improved.

However, do not use it for work as you may end up unable to do your work due to the bugs.

I have an old Mac Mini mid 2011 with 4 GB of memory, and beta 4 runs smooth on my machine. Love it. Not liking the dark theme as of now, though. They will probably refine it further.

I have had no more than 4 GB on my Hacks (I have 4 GB on this one) - my forthcoming upgrade to LGA1150 will take me to 8 GB.

Quirkily enough, the only reason I may go to an OS X-only Hack could be the planned GPU upgrade - from GTX550Ti (known to be supported) to GTX750Ti (question marks, question marks, question marks)

Normally, because Maxwell is based on Kepler, the issue would be a non-issue (and it is on Windows and Linux - I won't even need to change drivers on either); however, OS X has quirks on the GPU side.

Came across very bizarre bug last night on my rMBP where Safari somehow managed to break the entire system. I was using it when suddenly Safari just stopped working. No keyboard input would work, which meant I couldn't switch to another app. I could access the Force Quit menu, but it didn't do anything. Only way to fix it was to do a hard shutdown.

Filed a bug but have no idea why it occurred.