New laptop

Looking for a good gaming laptop for around 1500. Anyone have any good recommendations? Also, is the 850M dedicated card worth it? It can be a little over or under that budget but just looking at what my options are. Newgg has some options but there are mixed reviews on all of them if you read the comments.

Any reason you need a laptop? A beefy desktop will cost way less than 1500.

a few questions.

1. are you in the US or elsewhere?

2. do you care about bulk? (i personally prefer to keep my laptop semi slim)

3. do you have any brand loyalty or ones you'd prefer to stay away from?

now back on subject here's a couple I recommend

any in the MSI GS60/GS70 line. here's an Amazon page w/ them

Razer Blade (though these get a little more expensive)

Toshiba Qosmio is good as well

I'm not a regular PC gamer for years so I can't say what's good per say but I hear the Razer Blade is the new hotness. My friends that do use it love it like it's their new born baby.

I don't have brand loyalty and I would like it to be slim if possible since I will be taking it to school with me but it's not a 100% must. I will check out the links above.

EDIT: I am in the us

Any reason you need a laptop? A beefy desktop will cost way less than 1500.

Just built a new desktop :) just want something for school that I can play games on before class

I just bought a Lenovo Y50 a few weeks ago, and I really like it. The laptop is slim, looks great, has a back-lit keyboard (which comes in handy more times that I was expecting it to), pretty good speakers, microphone, touch pad, and screen. The model I bought has the 4GB Nvidia 860M with the new Maxwell core and it is a pretty great mobile card.

I've played Crysis 1 and 2, Dishonored, Diablo 3, TorchLight 2, WoW, HearthStone, Dota2, LoL, CS:GO, Half Life 2, STALKER, Metro 2033, and Battlefield 3 (I don't have 4; I refuse to buy it) all on high settings without issue. Metro and the two Crysis are the only ones that have unsteady framerates. But I lowered those to medium and everything was fine. Fan noise is pretty minimal too, and keyboard heat isn't a problem. That performance might not sound great to people with beefy desktops, but it was a great upgrade for me coming from an old HP Elitebook with an older nvidia card in it, and a desktop with a core 2 duo and an Nvidia 460GTX.

The only thing I don't like about the laptop is there is no dedicated hardware or function button for volume mute or microphone mute. (There is a built in microphone, but there is no easy way to mute it or tell if it's muted)

Check out the Asus ROG laptops, from my research (and purchase) best bang per buck. Though +1 on why you need laptop?

He needs it for school.

so he could play games between the classes.