Lamborghini Huracán question

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 TDT

TDT

Firestarter

• 1,102 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 22:16

Hi guys. I got a question about this car. Actually, it's not my own, I have a friend who is interested in buying one of these and our Lambo "dealership" is completely useless when it comes to technical details. So maybe one of you know or can find what I need to know.

So, as many of you maybe know, this car (in fact, all Lambo cars) has a very low ride height. In my country, sadly, the roads are horrible, lots of holes and bumps (and speed bumps :D), so driving one of these would be...problematic. The question is: can this ride height be bigger? I found something about a special custom program from Lambo, that allows a car to be "tweaked" to the client's needs, but I guess it would cost a LOT of money. So I need to know if that height can be adjusted somehow, without factory build.

Thanks!

#2 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,876 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 22:24

http://www.lamborghi...t-button-11815/

#3 OP TDT

TDT

Firestarter

• 1,102 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 22:32

The first video shows something like a stock feature...like pushing a button and rising the height, but how much??

The second one I really doubt it applies to a Lambo. You can do it with common cars, but I have a feeling that you can't tweak a Lambo so easily...

#4 perochan

perochan

♫ d(-_-)b ♫

• 4,549 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 22:38

not a good idea cuz that will ruin Lambo's aerodynamic which defeat the purpose of buying super slick aerodynamic car.

#5 OP TDT

TDT

Firestarter

• 1,102 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 22:44

not a good idea cuz that will ruin Lambo's aerodynamic which defeat the purpose of buying super slick aerodynamic car.

I somewhat agree with this, but I also think that this "aerodynamic ruin" would be noticeable at very high speed, right? And this is not the case, since he won't push this car more than 200 km/h or so, at least this is what I think, judging by our roads and speed limits. And before you ask "why buy a Lambo instead of a BMW or Audi, if that is the speed limit", the answer is simple: the car looks fantastic. And he has money. And it's a Lambo. And it's a chick magnet :laugh:  

#6 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,876 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:51

And he has money. And it's a Lambo. And it's a chick magnet :laugh:  

I wouldn't get friendly with someone just because they have a Lambo.

And he had better expect some expensive repair bills.

#7 Sszecret

Sszecret

Neowinian

• 835 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 800

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:13

While I personally think the Aventador is a much better looking car (especially from the back), the Huracan is no ugly duckling. Congrats to your friend. :)

__img_73635.jpg

#8 OP TDT

TDT

Firestarter

• 1,102 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:22

While I personally think the Aventador is a much better looking car (especially from the back), the Huracan is no ugly duckling. Congrats to your friend. :)

I agree, but the Aventador is also twice more expensive. Personally, I always loved the Murcielago and the Reventon. 

He didn't place an order yet, until he finds someone (or until I find someone here) to tell him about that issue with the height, there's no way he'll buy it. If he did, I bet he wouldn't go 1 km without breaking something, either the front spoiler or something under the car.

Talking about a normal car, my 407 has the lowest factory ride height around here. At least that's what I think. The car is low on the front, so I must be careful driving it, but so far I didn't even break the engine shield, let alone some more important stuff. So it would be interesting to see how much difference is between mine at this Lambo. I think I'll measure the distance, but I need to find the Lambo's specs somewhere...

#9 AR556

AR556

Neowinian Senior

• 5,641 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:28

Never thought I would come to Neowin and read a thread about a member (er..friend of member) buying a Lambo. Guess the economy really is getting better.

I'm sure there are forums dedicated to Lambo enthusiasts. It might take awhile to get replies since the forum only has like 20 members and most of them are out running the snot out of their exotic supercar.

Tell your friend congrats on the new car and I hate them. I hope they have to wait weeks on the color they pick out :)

#10 Sszecret

Sszecret

Neowinian

• 835 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 800

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:36

I agree, but the Aventador is also twice more expensive. Personally, I always loved the Murcielago and the Reventon. 

He didn't place an order yet, until he finds someone (or until I find someone here) to tell him about that issue with the height, there's no way he'll buy it. If he did, I bet he wouldn't go 1 km without breaking something, either the front spoiler or something under the car.

Talking about a normal car, my 407 has the lowest factory ride height around here. At least that's what I think. The car is low on the front, so I must be careful driving it, but so far I didn't even break the engine shield, let alone some more important stuff. So it would be interesting to see how much difference is between mine at this Lambo. I think I'll measure the distance, but I need to find the Lambo's specs somewhere...

The only one I could find listing the ground clearance is http://techmeloud.ne...ts-specs-price/  and it's 102 mm. Nothing about ground clearance on the official site. 

As for that 407 of yours, just drive it like you're in 'Taxi'  (1 or 2) and you'll be fine. :D

#11 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,656 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:39

Never thought I would come to Neowin and read a thread about a member (er..friend of member) buying a Lambo. Guess the economy really is getting better.

I'm sure there are forums dedicated to Lambo enthusiasts. It might take awhile to get replies since the forum only has like 20 members and most of them are out running the snot out of their exotic supercar.

Tell your friend congrats on the new car and I hate them. I hope they have to wait weeks on the color they pick out :)

That's just what I was thinking - ask in a Lambo forum or any supercar forum. The people there will be highly knowledgeable as this is a problem for basically every super/hyper car out there. If it doesn't come with an air suspension, you can probably retrofit one. My old car CLS 63 had an air suspension which would raise the car, even though the most aggressive setting was perfect for the road. 

Oh, and Transfagarassan highway, go there (according to Top Gear :D)

#12 Soldiers33

Soldiers33

Neowinian Senior

• 2,456 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:40

Thats very nice, but my all time favourite lambo is Gallardo. Dont think they can make anything to beat that.

#13 OP TDT

TDT

Firestarter

• 1,102 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:49

That's just what I was thinking - ask in a Lambo forum or any supercar forum. The people there will be highly knowledgeable as this is a problem for basically every super/hyper car out there. If it doesn't come with an air suspension, you can probably retrofit one. My old car CLS 63 had an air suspension which would raise the car, even though the most aggressive setting was perfect for the road. 

Oh, and Transfagarassan highway, go there (according to Top Gear :D)

Yeap, the TG team was there a few years ago, they loved it. :) It's a fantastic road, you have to be there to really judge it.

:laugh: I think he'll wait for at least 2-3 months to get the car delivered. Unless he buys one that's already in stock, without ways to configure it further. But I doubt it.

Thats very nice, but my all time favourite lambo is Gallardo. Dont think they can make anything to beat that.

Well, the Huracan is Gallardo's evolution. Better engine, better performance, fuel consumption, better looks IMO, etc.. What's not to like? :)

#14 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,551 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:57

Here I am, rock me like a Huracán :D

gorgeous ride. I hope your friend works out the height issue... the Gallardo was my favourite (Murcielago being a very close second) and I have been trying to love this one as much. I liked the look of the Gallardo a little better, but this is still an absolutely beautiful car.

Shame that the dealership is so useless! You'd think of all places, they'd be THE ones in the know. Or at least be able to point you confidently in the direction of someone who is.

#15 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• 7,325 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:09

If you think

"but I guess it would cost a LOT of money"

then you should check the price of the car first. because if you he can afford the car, I'm sure he can afford the modifications.