Lamborghini Hurac

Hi guys. I got a question about this car. Actually, it's not my own, I have a friend who is interested in buying one of these and our Lambo "dealership" is completely useless when it comes to technical details. So maybe one of you know or can find what I need to know.

So, as many of you maybe know, this car (in fact, all Lambo cars) has a very low ride height. In my country, sadly, the roads are horrible, lots of holes and bumps (and speed bumps :D), so driving one of these would be...problematic. The question is: can this ride height be bigger? I found something about a special custom program from Lambo, that allows a car to be "tweaked" to the client's needs, but I guess it would cost a LOT of money. So I need to know if that height can be adjusted somehow, without factory build.

Thanks!

The first video shows something like a stock feature...like pushing a button and rising the height, but how much??

The second one I really doubt it applies to a Lambo. You can do it with common cars, but I have a feeling that you can't tweak a Lambo so easily...

not a good idea cuz that will ruin Lambo's aerodynamic which defeat the purpose of buying super slick aerodynamic car.

I somewhat agree with this, but I also think that this "aerodynamic ruin" would be noticeable at very high speed, right? And this is not the case, since he won't push this car more than 200 km/h or so, at least this is what I think, judging by our roads and speed limits. And before you ask "why buy a Lambo instead of a BMW or Audi, if that is the speed limit", the answer is simple: the car looks fantastic. And he has money. And it's a Lambo. And it's a chick magnet :laugh:  

And he has money. And it's a Lambo. And it's a chick magnet :laugh:  

I wouldn't get friendly with someone just because they have a Lambo.

And he had better expect some expensive repair bills.

• Like 1

While I personally think the Aventador is a much better looking car (especially from the back), the Huracan is no ugly duckling. Congrats to your friend. :)

__img_73635.jpg

While I personally think the Aventador is a much better looking car (especially from the back), the Huracan is no ugly duckling. Congrats to your friend. :)

I agree, but the Aventador is also twice more expensive. Personally, I always loved the Murcielago and the Reventon. 

He didn't place an order yet, until he finds someone (or until I find someone here) to tell him about that issue with the height, there's no way he'll buy it. If he did, I bet he wouldn't go 1 km without breaking something, either the front spoiler or something under the car.

Talking about a normal car, my 407 has the lowest factory ride height around here. At least that's what I think. The car is low on the front, so I must be careful driving it, but so far I didn't even break the engine shield, let alone some more important stuff. So it would be interesting to see how much difference is between mine at this Lambo. I think I'll measure the distance, but I need to find the Lambo's specs somewhere...

Never thought I would come to Neowin and read a thread about a member (er..friend of member) buying a Lambo. Guess the economy really is getting better.

I'm sure there are forums dedicated to Lambo enthusiasts. It might take awhile to get replies since the forum only has like 20 members and most of them are out running the snot out of their exotic supercar.

Tell your friend congrats on the new car and I hate them. I hope they have to wait weeks on the color they pick out :)

I agree, but the Aventador is also twice more expensive. Personally, I always loved the Murcielago and the Reventon. 

He didn't place an order yet, until he finds someone (or until I find someone here) to tell him about that issue with the height, there's no way he'll buy it. If he did, I bet he wouldn't go 1 km without breaking something, either the front spoiler or something under the car.

Talking about a normal car, my 407 has the lowest factory ride height around here. At least that's what I think. The car is low on the front, so I must be careful driving it, but so far I didn't even break the engine shield, let alone some more important stuff. So it would be interesting to see how much difference is between mine at this Lambo. I think I'll measure the distance, but I need to find the Lambo's specs somewhere...

The only one I could find listing the ground clearance is http://techmeloud.net/lamborghini-huracan-lp-610-4-sports-specs-price/  and it's 102 mm. Nothing about ground clearance on the official site. 

As for that 407 of yours, just drive it like you're in 'Taxi'  (1 or 2) and you'll be fine. :D

Never thought I would come to Neowin and read a thread about a member (er..friend of member) buying a Lambo. Guess the economy really is getting better.

I'm sure there are forums dedicated to Lambo enthusiasts. It might take awhile to get replies since the forum only has like 20 members and most of them are out running the snot out of their exotic supercar.

Tell your friend congrats on the new car and I hate them. I hope they have to wait weeks on the color they pick out :)

That's just what I was thinking - ask in a Lambo forum or any supercar forum. The people there will be highly knowledgeable as this is a problem for basically every super/hyper car out there. If it doesn't come with an air suspension, you can probably retrofit one. My old car CLS 63 had an air suspension which would raise the car, even though the most aggressive setting was perfect for the road. 

Oh, and Transfagarassan highway, go there (according to Top Gear :D)

Thats very nice, but my all time favourite lambo is Gallardo. Dont think they can make anything to beat that.

That's just what I was thinking - ask in a Lambo forum or any supercar forum. The people there will be highly knowledgeable as this is a problem for basically every super/hyper car out there. If it doesn't come with an air suspension, you can probably retrofit one. My old car CLS 63 had an air suspension which would raise the car, even though the most aggressive setting was perfect for the road. 

Oh, and Transfagarassan highway, go there (according to Top Gear :D)

Yeap, the TG team was there a few years ago, they loved it. :) It's a fantastic road, you have to be there to really judge it.

:laugh: I think he'll wait for at least 2-3 months to get the car delivered. Unless he buys one that's already in stock, without ways to configure it further. But I doubt it.

Thats very nice, but my all time favourite lambo is Gallardo. Dont think they can make anything to beat that.

Well, the Huracan is Gallardo's evolution. Better engine, better performance, fuel consumption, better looks IMO, etc.. What's not to like? :)

Here I am, rock me like a Hurac?n :D

gorgeous ride. I hope your friend works out the height issue... the Gallardo was my favourite (Murcielago being a very close second) and I have been trying to love this one as much. I liked the look of the Gallardo a little better, but this is still an absolutely beautiful car.

Shame that the dealership is so useless! You'd think of all places, they'd be THE ones in the know. Or at least be able to point you confidently in the direction of someone who is.

If you think

"but I guess it would cost a LOT of money"

then you should check the price of the car first. because if you he can afford the car, I'm sure he can afford the modifications.

This immediately whiffs of BS.. I'd expect your Lamborghini dealer would be able to detail your ride height / adjustment kit options and if not they would be able to escalate it back to Lamborghini themselves to find out more information. I can't believe they'd just shrug their shoulders and not help you out if you were serious about buying a car? 

This immediately whiffs of BS.. I'd expect your Lamborghini dealer would be able to detail your ride height / adjustment kit options and if not they would be able to escalate it back to Lamborghini themselves to find out more information. I can't believe they'd just shrug their shoulders and not help you out if you were serious about buying a car? 

Could it be face control? Happens fairly often where I am, a place with rather high income disparity. Not at the supercar level, perhaps. Not like I know anything about dealings at that level, mind you.

I personally know that lowering a car takes a lot of effort... at least to do it right.  I had to buy camber kits for the front of the car, then change out a linkage in the rear to compensate for the reduced travel of the newer springs and shocks.  (I didn't go coilovers)  Since it was a manufacturer kit it included instructions for aligning the car to the new ride height.  Since you're doing the reverse, I would assume you need to do all off the above still.  (not the linkage cause the lambo is a far superior car suspension wise compared to mine)  If it comes from the factory with coilovers installed it will require either adjustment or replacement (probably replacement) with a longer travel piece of suspension.  Now if you're moving just an inch or two higher... you might get away with not needing camber adjustment.  Almost certainly caster will need moved outward.  

This change is going to dramatically effect the handling of the car.  Personally, I wouldn't do it cause you're taking a part of the experience of driving a lambo and throwing it away.  The car was designed to be low and handle on a dime.  You're raising it up and making it handle like a range rover.  Best bet, have your friend invest in the infrastructure of his country and improve the roads...  then he can get a super car and enjoy them.

As we all expect. Unfortunately, this is my country. And the Lambo dealership is a tiny building with only a handful of employees that can give the same details as the official website. This is a technical issue, not a matter of optional components that you can configure the car with. Their "official" answer is that this could be done via the Lambo custom program but only to an extent, and that costs about 1/4 of the car value. That's why he's looking at alternative options, if there are any. If not, another car then.

This change is going to dramatically effect the handling of the car.  Personally, I wouldn't do it cause you're taking a part of the experience of driving a lambo and throwing it away.  The car was designed to be low and handle on a dime.  You're raising it up and making it handle like a range rover.  Best bet, have your friend invest in the infrastructure of his country and improve the roads...  then he can get a super car and enjoy them.

I agree, but how much of a change does it take to mess up the car's handling? 1 cm, 2 cm, what? That's the issue. Obviously, he wouldn't want it raised like a SUV.

If you think

then you should check the price of the car first. because if you he can afford the car, I'm sure he can afford the modifications.

This is such a silly thing to say. Everyone has a budget. At what point do you begin to think, "if you can afford that, you can afford anything"? If there isn't an option to increase the ride height for speed bumps and you want to pay Lamborghini to design a custom system for one car, how much do you think it will cost? 

For reference, Pagani charge ?35,000 ($60,000) to retrofit the lift system in a Zonda with a system that has already been designed. I know you will pick at guessed figures for developing a new system, so if we assume Lamborghini could do it for the same price, that's still another 25% on the cost of the car.

I changed my car 1.2 inches in the front and 1.4 inches in the rear... the difference in handling is HUGE!  I can not begin to describe the difference a little more than an inch made.  I'm gonna assume if he adds an inch of travel to his suspension on the Lambo it would exhibit more body roll and it would probably make the rear of the car more lively when accelerating in turns.  

I changed my car 1.2 inches in the front and 1.4 inches in the rear... the difference in handling is HUGE!  I can not begin to describe the difference a little more than an inch made.  I'm gonna assume if he adds an inch of travel to his suspension on the Lambo it would exhibit more body roll and it would probably make the rear of the car more lively when accelerating in turns.  

I'm guessing you also stiffened the suspension when you lowered it though. You can ease it without making it softer. Most of the performance difference and non track speed comes from variance in the stiffness.

You got to really know what you are doing.. The amount of physics that goes into tuning these kind of cars from the factory is crazy.. I would recommend a car that sits a little higher if he is trying to avoid these issues.. When I had my 350z, and lowered it, it became on thing after another that I needed to fix or replace.. In the end, it worked out well, but it cost a lot.. With a Lambo.. it would be a crazy amount of money, and not doing anything but hurting the way the car was designed to be driven.. 

In my country, sadly, the roads are horrible, lots of holes and bumps (and speed bumps :D), so driving one of these would be...problematic. The question is: can this ride height be bigger?

Thanks!

This: