Lamborghini Hurac

This is such a silly thing to say. Everyone has a budget. At what point do you begin to think, "if you can afford that, you can afford anything"? If there isn't an option to increase the ride height for speed bumps and you want to pay Lamborghini to design a custom system for one car, how much do you think it will cost? 

For reference, Pagani charge ?35,000 ($60,000) to retrofit the lift system in a Zonda with a system that has already been designed. I know you will pick at guessed figures for developing a new system, so if we assume Lamborghini could do it for the same price, that's still another 25% on the cost of the car.

Not really, if you have $250k to spend on a car, you have expendible income I don't think an extra $25K is going to break your bank... Do it right or don't do it at all.

Not really, if you have $250k to spend on a car, you have expendible income I don't think an extra $25K is going to break your bank... Do it right or don't do it at all.

See, that's exactly what I was talking about. Wealthy people are good with money, that's why they don't do as everyone seems to think and just keep spending. A supercar is entirely frivolous but the people that buy them do so knowing the financial implications, which is why they want to know the full costs. That extra $25k will be a deal breaker for some.

A car is still worth something after you're finished with it. A custom aftermarket modification adds no value so that money is gone forever.

And I would hope nobody would do it the cheap way and run a Huracan on stilts. 

See, that's exactly what I was talking about. Wealthy people are good with money, that's why they don't do as everyone seems to think and just keep spending. A supercar is entirely frivolous but the people that buy them do so knowing the financial implications, which is why they want to know the full costs. That extra $25k will be a deal breaker for some.

A car is still worth something after you're finished with it. A custom aftermarket modification adds no value so that money is gone forever.

And I would hope nobody would do it the cheap way and run a Huracan on stilts. 

Agreed. Also, 25k? That would be the price of custom paint, I think. For such modifications, right from the factory, the price goes waaay higher. I bet that it would be cheaper to send the damn thing to professional tuning companies, like Hamman, and ask them to modify it...