6 posts in this topic

Posted

Comcast

Posted

Here is the deal... Comcast charges different prices for different speed packages depending on where you are. To me this is just stupid and really hurts its customers since instead of everyone tied into their revenue feed they base those packages and prices depending on who else is in those areas that can supply internet. For me I have Comcast and the only other providers in the area are the local phone company with DSL which isn't as fast but close (at least its a dedicated line vs a shared node) and satellite broadband that is crap and has a really low cap. See Comcast knows this and so they can charge my area such high prices for such low speeds of internet. We just recently got a upgrade for no additional rise in costs but the upload is still lower than what I think it should be. I currently get 105/10 which regular price is around $75/month and to me that is just insane and way too high so I normally just complain and threaten to switch to DSL and they give me a promo rate for a while which works when that period runs out as well. I get a speedtest normally showing around 90 down and 11 up however IMO it should be twice as much upload. If I could get the higher upload speeds I could do much more than I already am for my hobbies such as gaming.

Posted

Lets not forget that the customer was calling to cancel his service while the reporter was pretending to be a potential customer.  Those are two entirely different things.

...god, that call was awful.  I couldn't listen to it, it was just horrible.

Posted

I am happy with this: :p

post-37120-0-54589000-1406219911.png

Posted

I currently get 105/10 which regular price is around $75/month and to me that is just insane and way too high so I normally just complain and threaten to switch to DSL and they give me a promo rate for a while which works when that period runs out as well. I get a speedtest normally showing around 90 down and 11 up however IMO it should be twice as much upload. If I could get the higher upload speeds I could do much more than I already am for my hobbies such as gaming.

youre spoiled. i get 30/5 for $80/mo w/ TWC.

Posted (edited)

I love my nation's complete lack of modern customer protection laws. :)

Edited by _Alexander
2 people like this