chromecast

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,650 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 16:56

It’s been a year since the launch of Chromecast, which has taken the world by storm as 2013′s top gadget and one of the hottest selling items on Amazon and Google Play. To celebrate all of that goodness Google has decided to give users a nice treat for being part of the early wave of consumers to get in on the fun.

They’re offering 90 days of Google Play Music All Access, a premium subscription that gives you unlimited access to a library of over 20 million tracks. You can easily add these tracks to your library and playlists or listen to radio stations based on them. They won’t be there for you once your subscription ends, though you obviously have the option of paying for each individual track or album you want to keep should you decide to give up your membership.

More...

http://phandroid.com...le-music-offer/

#2 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 5,195 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (Work) Lumia 1020 (Home)

Posted 24 July 2014 - 17:04

I still need to pick up one of these.. been meaning to, hell for $35 can't go wrong. Probably a good time to do it.

#3 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 5,195 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (Work) Lumia 1020 (Home)

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:39

So I caved and picked up one of these this morning. For $35 bucks, color me impressed. The thing works perfectly with my Plex media server. Pick something to watch and boom, it's on the TV. My girl's watching something at her desktop in her browser, can hit a button and move into the living room. Actually working better than the built in media streaming that my central DVR system has.

Picking up a few more this afternoon.

#4 +Cryton

Cryton

Neowinian

• 929 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:45

Just update it so it can decode ac3 and it'll be brilliant.

#5 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• 4,474 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 15 August 2014 - 22:56

Just update it so it can decode ac3 and it'll be brilliant.

Check out the chrome extension VideoStream.  It'll stream just about anything to the chrome cast and works quite reliably.