Texting with shortened word(s)

Texting with shortened word(s)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. you or u

2. 2. too, to, two or 2

• use the correct too,to or two
  3. 3. are or r

The need for shortened words stemmed from the character limit of texts.  This need no longer exists.

Doesn't SMS still have a character limit though? Also yes some people still use SMS and not chat apps like WhatsApp or Hangouts.

Doesn't SMS still have a character limit though? Also yes some people still use SMS and not chat apps like WhatsApp or Hangouts.

Well one SMS still has a limit technically, and if you are getting charged per SMS then sending a long message will count as more than one and you will get charged accordingly.

Realistically many providers now give you unlimited text messages, and unless your phone in antiquated then sending long messages shouldn't be a problem.

Why are they generally unlimited now?... well there is new story right here: https://www.neowin.net/news/the-truth-behind-the-cost-of-text-messaging

• Like 2

So,

You're one of those idiots that sets through a green light because you're texting while at the light?

Nah, I keep an eye on the light, mostly because I'm not an idiot.

I hope I get behind you one of these days with my pickup with a plow on the front. I'll make sure you finish that text in a hurry!  ;)

I almost wish they had a cop at every corner with a stop light just for this reason.  :angry:

Oh me too, you know to stop people plowing into other cars over minor inconveniences.

Also, while we are on the subject.  

If you've ever responded to a message with only 'k' or 'lol', you are a bad person.

• Like 1

If you've ever responded to a message with only 'k' or 'lol', you are a bad person.

Especially so if the original message to which you were replying were heartfelt or a long outpouring.