Is Neowin working on a new site design?

Pink theme?  :rofl:

7c4843ddf6a1e93d851ffd8949341631.png

Love the design, I'll pitch this to the Dev's to see about getting it implemented, maybe call it Pink Panther. :P

just give us a sneak preview of the design. I completely understand where you guys are coming from but we're about a month away if not even. Time to let the majority of the world get a feel over a design you guys cooked up back stage. I mean it would be a different story if u guys said Picasso or someone was creating it. (not saying whoever created it isn't the next Picasso).

just give us a sneak preview of the design. I completely understand where you guys are coming from but we're about a month away if not even. Time to let the majority of the world get a feel over a design you guys cooked up back stage. I mean it would be a different story if u guys said Picasso or someone was creating it. (not saying whoever created it isn't the next Picasso).

I suggest you subscribe then.

Well, I guess I can give you a scaled down version of the new Darksides style, which gives all five dark sides and works on any of our color schemes. It's a real masterpiece, but IMHO, we should only have four dark sides, since the cut-off logo is going to be too controversial.

post-17075-0-37245100-1406867666.png

0nDNUjZ.png

Perhaps something like this? The status update feed is not intended to replace the mail and notification icons; rather, I was unable to find icons that would match the theme (the Windows Vista icons were ugly when I decreased their sizes).

svNaf0h.png

• Like 1

I really hope this new design is touch friendly. Neowin is the least responsive website I use with my Surface. Not sure if that's an issue with IE11 or IPB, but the site is horrendous to interact with. :/

Was Andrea Borman a consultant in terms of design, by any chance? :D

I feel sorry for bringing this up again and possibly hijacking another topic with it, but she posted a new video two weeks back that is just hilarious/a bit worrying/slightly scary.

http://youtu.be/WPJyNUJKsPI?t=42s

I really hope this new design is touch friendly. Neowin is the least responsive website I use with my Surface. Not sure if that's an issue with IE11 or IPB, but the site is horrendous to interact with. :/

The current design works ok on my Surface? The only issue is the edit and report buttons on comments and the edit button on the forums. 

The only issue is the edit and report buttons on comments and the edit button on the forums. 

Exactly my point. Many elements are dependent on mouse-over, which doesn't work with touch at all.

Exactly my point. Many elements are dependent on mouse-over, which doesn't work with touch at all.

It does if you use your pen! Seriously though, I feel your pain. Though I do tend to generally have my pen nearby for things that depend on hovering like menu's on a lot of sites.

If you can turn off Andrea Borman period and Ayreh Goretsky's pointless signatures on every post I'm all for it  :laugh:  /s

May I suggest adding an entry line, if a member cares to share a Twitter account:

Not a bad idea, once the new site is up and running make sure to ping the devs about it.

May I suggest adding an entry line, if a member cares to share a Twitter account:

If freaking ICQ is still on there we should add tweeter.