9 posts in this topic

Posted

Preferably personal experience, there's a lot of drives on amazon, plenty with bad reviews. I'd prefer one that would be replaced within a year or two or purchase if it fails. This drive will only be used to house XB1 games. Figured this will be a good size, roughly 35 games @50GB avg so really more than 35. I'd just like to have it last.

Also, is there any campaign info saved locally? Or would I be able to pick up on a mission I was on at any time on another box or if I reinstalled a game? Are SP saves sent to cloud too?

Posted

Preferably personal experience, there's a lot of drives on amazon, plenty with bad reviews. I'd prefer one that would be replaced within a year or two or purchase if it fails. This drive will only be used to house XB1 games. Figured this will be a good size, roughly 35 games @50GB avg so really more than 35. I'd just like to have it last.

Also, is there any campaign info saved locally? Or would I be able to pick up on a mission I was on at any time on another box or if I reinstalled a game? Are SP saves sent to cloud too?

Drive I use.  Powered but the USB 3.0 port.  No external power needed.  Small and compact.  Only thing I dont like is that it has a proprietary USB cable/connection.  But I have had mine for about a year, no issues....

WD My Passport Ultra 2TB Portable External USB 3.0 Hard Drive

http://www.amazon.com/Passport-Ultra-Portable-External-Backup/dp/B00E055H5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406568118&sr=8-1&keywords=western+digital+2tb

Posted

I went with one of the WD 3.5" powered externals. Upon install I immediately moved 2 or 3 games over and went through a bunch of updates for all of my games. It used to take forever to download and install updates. Now it takes hardly any time at all. I cant say its from the external drive for sure, but my Xbox One has been horribly slow on updates since I bought it. I'm curious if anyone else notices a performance boost by moving all of their games over to the external drive.

Posted

Drive I use.  Powered but the USB 3.0 port.  No external power needed.  Small and compact.  Only thing I dont like is that it has a proprietary USB cable/connection.  But I have had mine for about a year, no issues....

http://www.amazon.com/Passport-Ultra-Portable-External-Backup/dp/B00E055H5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406568118&sr=8-1&keywords=western+digital+2tb

Using the same drive, works perfectly.

Posted

Drive I use. Powered but the USB 3.0 port. No external power needed. Small and compact. Only thing I dont like is that it has a proprietary USB cable/connection. But I have had mine for about a year, no issues....

I ordered this drive, I was considering it, and you guys as well as the XB1 reddit community recommended it. Pulled the trigger when it fell to $99.99 on Amazon, new, not used. So that is exciting. It will be here before all the great games in September and beyond!

Posted

I ordered this drive, I was considering it, and you guys as well as the XB1 reddit community recommended it. Pulled the trigger when it fell to $99.99 on Amazon, new, not used. So that is exciting. It will be here before all the great games in September and beyond!

Its a nice drive.  Quiet to.  Waiting on XB1 to allow media playback support and I will be happy.  :)

Posted

They have bus-powered 3.5" drives now?

Posted

Would one be able to copy media files for playback on the X1 to this drive as well as have games etc. on it?

Posted

If that 2tb comes down ill get that one. I have the 1tb one already