Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Potential Job Offer

4 posts in this topic

Posted

So I'm going for my 2nd interview this evening but have a strong idea they want me because of my experiences etc.

But I found out the job has an out of hours on call rota, turns out this is for only 1 client and they've allegedly only had 2 calls out in the past 12 months and doesn't sound like anything was actually done, other than we'll come by in the morning.

I've always been against out of hours jobs, as when you finish work, that should be it until the next day, but I'm seeing more and more jobs which have this now.  So should I just accept it as the norm and go with the flow?

The job i'm going for is paying

Posted

It depends how often you

Posted

See I am leaning towards the idea of shift work. You get days off when everyone is at work (Usually) So everything is quieter, Around town etc etc. 

Also I quite like the idea of working in the middle of the night when its peaceful. 

If you don't mind me asking, It sounds like your in the UK, Whats the job and where? Is it a support role? 

Posted

Well from what I gathered it's on call for 1 week in 4, or 2 in 10 (but can't remember if they said it's weekends aswell, probably is)

Problem was for the first interview I was fighting an ear infection and couldn't hear too clearly, typical! But I always have a tendancy to be panicky and want to get out ASAP