Answered Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 29 July 2014 - 17:21

And yet you can get around 4 1TB platter disks for that price.

You missed my point...

#17 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 29 July 2014 - 17:24

I had an old Lian Li case that i used for a LONG time. It didnt have any native support for 2.5" SSDs. When i got my first SSD circa 2009, i simply attached 2 strips of velco tape to it and secured it in my case that way. worked fine.

#18 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 29 July 2014 - 17:28

I had an old Lian Li case that i used for a LONG time. It didnt have any native support for 2.5" SSDs. When i got my first SSD circa 2009, i simply attached 2 strips of velco tape to it and secured it in my case that way. worked fine.

[applause]

Good job, redneck! 

^5

hahah.

#19 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:36

[applause]

Good job, redneck! 

^5

hahah.

Depends on how old that Lian-Li case is.

If it's older than 2004 (the age of my own Lian-Li), unless you're actually using the floppy bay, an SSD can go there - if anything, it will STILL be too small unless you have an adapter for 3.5" bays, as that size is that of a typical floppy drive.  (That is one thing most "desktop" SSD packages usually include - an adapter for 3.5" floppy bays.)

#20 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:56

Depends on how old that Lian-Li case is.

If it's older than 2004 (the age of my own Lian-Li), unless you're actually using the floppy bay, an SSD can go there - if anything, it will STILL be too small unless you have an adapter for 3.5" bays, as that size is that of a typical floppy drive.  (That is one thing most "desktop" SSD packages usually include - an adapter for 3.5" floppy bays.)

I know that..

I was saying good job and high five that person because he used the velcro strips.   That's what the rednecks do these days such as duct tape, velcro strips, etc.

A friend of mine built tripod mount for his phone that is made of wood....  he is redneck.   Save money. Instead of buying from the store.