What a looser.. The daughter is 18. Her mom just need to calm her ######

So what, the mom should just take the disrespect then?   The kid is 18 and has a choice when living at home.  Abide by the rules of the house, or get the ###### out and find your own place.  And my parents do the same thing regardless of age.  you disrespect them, they wont take it and have denied gifts to family members because of their disrespect. Why reward bad behavior?  Why allow others to treat you like crap?  Maybe the kid should calm the ###### down and respect her parents.

Another parent who wants to discipline his or her child using Facebook. There's too much of them these days.

It shows imo a total lack of maturity from the parent and he or she should not be surprised his or her kid show the same lack or maturity.

Discipline is imo a private matters and should stay in the home.

So what, the mom should just take the disrespect then?   The kid is 18 and has a choice when living at home.  Abide by the rules of the house, or get the ###### out and find your own place.  And my parents do the same thing regardless of age.  you disrespect them, they wont take it and have denied gifts to family members because of their disrespect. Why reward bad behavior?  Why allow others to treat you like crap?  Maybe the kid should calm the ###### down and respect her parents.

If I bought tickets, I would be damned if anyone took them away.. Sounds like the mom is sorta narcissistic and wanted all the attention to her.. She should have just posted the tickets for sell if she really felt like that, but she felt like being a drama queen about it, and it made the news, went viral, and now we are talking about some teens that couldn't go to a Katy Perry concert on a tech forum. Well played. 

She should have just posted the tickets for sell if she really felt like that, but she felt like being a drama queen about it, and it made the news, went viral, and now we are talking about some teens that couldn't go to a Katy Perry concert on a tech forum. Well played. 

100% agree with you.

If I bought tickets, I would be damned if anyone took them away.. Sounds like the mom is sorta narcissistic and wanted all the attention to her.. She should have just posted the tickets for sell if she really felt like that, but she felt like being a drama queen about it, and it made the news, went viral, and now we are talking about some teens that couldn't go to a Katy Perry concert on a tech forum. Well played. 

doesnt specify who bought them.  And i make a comment earlier that the mom can do what she wants if she bought them and if not, then the kid is in her legal right to take action.

And Neowin is more than just a tech forum.  Yea, main focus is around tech but there are many other forums.

doesnt specify who bought them.  And i make a comment earlier that the mom can do what she wants if she bought them and if not, then the kid is in her legal right to take action.

And Neowin is more than just a tech forum.  Yea, main focus is around tech but there are many other forums.

1. Yes

2. You got the point. 

18 years old.and mommy tries to teach you a lesson. Wow! When I was 18 I was already out of my parents house and had to work.

>

Really! When I was 18 I had a year of college under my belt, had 2 jobs and was living in my own place, paid for by me, myself and I.

Oh no.. poor baby can't go to a concert... that's it, her life is officially ruined... next up we will hear about how her mom ruined her favorite pair of jeans in the wash... Thinking it was some sort of punishment :P

Really! When I was 18 I had a year of college under my belt, had 2 jobs and was living in my own place, paid for by me, myself and I.

Yea, things are different now.   Kids are having a hard time finding jobs.  Even part time jobs let alone jobs when they get out of school.  More and more kids are living at home with their parents.

Yea, things are different now. Kids are having a hard time finding jobs. Even part time jobs let alone jobs when they get out of school. More and more kids are living at home with their parents.

I'm fully aware of that claim.

I'm also aware that there are a lot of jobs out there that go begging because the poor little darlings are reluctant to go to a trade school for 3 mos to a year (many supported by state prohrams), to do manual labor or work 2-3 part time jobs vs a 32-40 hr/week one so they can build a work history.

You know all those jobs illegals are doing? The employers hire them because today's young people won't take them, or want $15/hr with zero skills.

In the midst of Michigan's unemployment crisis post-2009 there were tens of thousands of such jobs in the tri-county area and hardly any applicants.