Greedy music execs at it again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28547853

'A group representing musicians in the US is suing Ford and General Motors over in-car CD players that allow tracks to be stored on a hard drive.

The entertainment systems can "rip" music from a disc, to save passengers from constantly re-inserting CDs.

The Alliance of Artists and Recording Companies claims the devices are made "for the express purpose" of copying CDs.'

I find this ridiculous, greedy music execs once again stifling innovation to line their own pockets!

• Like 3

This is crazy! So now you MUST fill your car with CDs, collecting space, getting scratched, etc... What a joke music execs. Do something useful.

lmfao.. My Infinity does this.. But, I don't use it.. What a bunch of crap. 

yea, my wife has an infinity and it does it too.  i tried it on one CD, and it's works fine but i always forget that it's available to play

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28547853

'A group representing musicians in the US is suing Ford and General Motors over in-car CD players that allow tracks to be stored on a hard drive.[/size]

The entertainment systems can "rip" music from a disc, to save passengers from constantly re-inserting CDs.

The Alliance of Artists and Recording Companies claims the devices are made "for the express purpose" of copying CDs.'

Or you know it's made because we live in 2014 and CDs are an obsolete technology that doesn't have any benefits anymore?

Instead of wasting all these millions of dollars on pathetic lawsuits why don't you do something useful like fire everyone and replace them with people that have brains and take advantage of new technology.

What will they do when they find out about USB sticks?!

Probably demand they are all destroyed as they couldn't possibly be used for anything but the copying of music.

Come to think of it, they should sue Apple, Microsoft, Lenovo, Toshiba, Samsung.......for providing the ability to copy music, how dare they create computers!

• Like 2