usa revenue stocks social media

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 16:25

Twitter (TWTR) reported better-than-expected second-quarter earnings after the bell on Tuesday, showing both revenue and user growth.

The social media service reported that it now has 271 million monthly active users, a 6% quarterly increase and a 24% yearly increase. Investors view the user growth trajectory as indicative of Twitter’s future success.

Revenue of $312 million was up 124% from the $139 million seen in the same quarter last year. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had been predicting $283 million in revenue.

"Our strong financial and operating results for the second quarter show the continued momentum of our business," Dick Costolo, CEO of Twitter, said in a release. "We remain focused on driving increased user growth and engagement.”

more

#2 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,571 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 16:51

I'm following 7 people and have written 3 tweets - two of which I appear to have deleted at some point. I think it's safe to say that I still don't really understand its purpose. :laugh:

Good for Twitter, though. For those that use it to its full potential, it's reassuring to see that it isn't going anywhere any time soon.